change...

iVillage Member
change...
Thu, 07-21-2011 - 12:52pm
Now I don't mind change as long as I know what I am going to. DH and I have discussed that we would like to be settled at least mostly permanently by the time DS is in school. We would like to be in a bigger house in a lower cost of living area but with good schools so we can put money away and not just make ends meet. Though we have not fully decided we may try to have another LO but prbably not till DS is at least close to school age.
For a little while DH was potentially looking at a promotion that might require us to move. As of about a month ago he realized that that is unlikely. So he basically tells me if I find something we should just go with it. We are both in a professional field. Should be able to find something most places. The problem I have is that I just got a certification that would allow the place I am at to expand our services offered and I can do that. But I have recently in the last couple months found I am not fully happy there. To stay I need to pretty soon have my boss purchase some new equipment to fully add in the new services. But if I am not going to stay I don't feel right having them make those purchases since once I am gone no one there is certified to continue offering the services that use that equipment.
Also, DH and I are amongst the many caught in an upside down mortgage and I am afraid that we can't afford to even sell the house. If we don't move, unless something very unexpected pops up, me changing jobs doesn't make sense. DH is not happy at his current place, but I know wont change jobs if we stay.
So that is my dilemma.
Really just looking for a venue to vent, so thanks if you read and have made it to the end of this.
Siggie
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-22-2011 - 10:22pm

Aww Kristy, it looks like you're in that dreaded place no one wants to be in. Sorry. These are some really tough decisions ahead of you and it doesn't sound like it's going to be easy. The only thing I can say you just need to weigh all your options and see what's going to be more beneficial for you all in the long run. Even if it means walking away from things that you normally would'nt.. Hope you can find an easy solution soon.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-22-2011 - 10:51pm
The problem I am currently having is balancing the long run with being able to make it till then without taking too many extraneous turns along the way. Although I adore our house and especially our neighbors, sometimes I wish we hadn't bought it. Though I guess it would have been better if we had a crystal ball. We actually only planned to stay here about this long but then the market tanked making the decision less straight forward.
Siggie
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-23-2011 - 4:13pm
Realized another big scary moving thing is losing my dcp. She is the best ever. Perfect combo of at home, treats him like her own and interacts with him and the only other kid she has who is the same age, and working on education things like colors and shapes like the center he used to be at did.
Siggie
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-25-2011 - 8:48pm
You have a lot of variables to consider. I think if BOTH of you are unhappy with your jobs, I would seriously consider looking elsewhere. Get all of your ducks in a row with new jobs before giving your notice and the rest will fall into place. I know changing dcps is a scary thought but you can find another one. I promise she isn't the ONLY good dcp out there, though it may feel like it right now. Get your house ready and on the markey NOW to see how people are biting. You might be surprised or you might not, but you won't know if you don't try. Good luck!

Tessa
Single Mom of 6 beautiful children and 3 angels........
CL to Single Moms, January 2010 Winter Wonders, and 2010 Playgroup Friends
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-26-2011 - 4:26pm
Thanks that is good advice. I am meeting with a realtor thurs to see what we need to do to get the best price. I have a call in to see if an interesting looking position that has been listed since feb id still available.
Siggie