Stupid Wind!!!

iVillage Member
Stupid Wind!!!
Sat, 03-13-2010 - 9:26pm
We are having a terrible Nor'Easter here today. It has been downpouring all day and the wind gusts have been well over 50mph. DF had to work tonight(manager at a restaurant), he called me to ask me if I was glad he hadn't taken my van.(We just got a 2010 Honda Odyssey and since the weather was crappy I had suggested he take the van b/c WW and I were staying put, but he opted to take his 1999 Windstar) because the wind blew down the light pole in the parking lot and his van is now totaled!!! The pole went right across the roof over "cab" part. If anyone was in the van at the time it would've been a tragedy. One light went through his driver window and the other light went through the dashboard on the passenger side. We just bought this van about 6 months ago to get rid of a car payment and save some money. Now we are out this car, will have to buy a new(old) car and probably get a rental for the week b/c we both work and have to have 2 cars!! This is NOT what we needed right now!!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: keampup
Sat, 03-13-2010 - 9:53pm
I'm so sorry to hear that. Glad Lou wasn't in there. Who told you that the restaurant insurance probably wouldn't cover it? I mean, insurance covers hail damage and that is an act of God.... Hopefully it will be covered. Be safe going to get him later!

Tessa

Mom to 6 kids and 3 angels!

Photobucket
Why?
Photobucket

Photobucket

SnapdragonSnapdragon Mommies

October LTP

Tessa

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-13-2010 - 9:56pm
Wow that is crazy!! Thank God he wasnt in the car and no one got hurt! Hope your insurance company can get it all figured out quickly! Good luck!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-13-2010 - 10:00pm
My cousin is an insurance agent, and she said that unless the restaurant was negligent in the upkeep of the lightpost that they didn't have to cover it. We won't know anything til Monday when their office opens up. As annoying as this is, we are very relieved that Lou(or anyone else)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-13-2010 - 10:19pm
I drive a LOT so I keep comp/coll on my van just for my piece of mind. I hope your week gets better and hopefully Kyle's fever stays away and his reflux chills out! (((HUGS)))

Tessa

Photobucket
Why?
Photobucket

Photobucket

SnapdragonSnapdragon Mommies

October LTP

Tessa

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-13-2010 - 10:52pm
Oh my God I am so sorry! I am glad no one was hurt!!!