too grumpy and emotional

iVillage Member
too grumpy and emotional
Thu, 02-24-2011 - 10:25pm

I have been very grumpy and emothional lately. I am very slowly weaning off my zoloft. 2 weeks between changes but I am afraid I may need to continue it ..... I know, I know I should talk to my doctor but I don't wanna. I have no patience (mostly for those not DS but occassionaly him) for anyone being grouchy at me, so I blowup at whoever. I am not afraid of harming anyone physically but ..... I am also having way more periods of down time where my moon plummets from one second to the next with no reason. And I am taking things excessively personally (like I recorded the gifts at my co-worker's work baby shower and noted without trying that she had more people there and got more presents from more people than I did). It is petty and and I feel stupid about it. But from all the talk I hear around the office a good portion of the people aren't even happy for her as they question her skills at taking care of a baby and question her DH's support. So why did she have a better turn out and more presents. Also, several clients brough her presents. I got a card from 1 client (which I trasured!) and that is it. I feel so petty. DH is going out of town at the end of the week. Then he is going away again about 1 week after he gets back.

Siggie
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-27-2011 - 10:05pm
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-27-2011 - 10:08pm
I think you really do need to talk to your doctor to discuss some other options. I work in the mental health field and your mental well being is not something to take lightly. I know its hard to say that you need help etc but for you and you ds and dh it really is the best thing. ((((HUGS)))) hang in there!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-28-2011 - 12:16pm
(((HUGS))) I agree with Nikie. Go to your dr. Why are you stopping the zoloft? If it doesn't feel like it is helping, maybe they can switch you to something else. There are plenty of other options out there to try. There is no sense in beating yourself up or feeling like everyone around you has to walk on eggshells. It is hard to watch others sometimes get an abundance when you didn't... I understand that all too well. Hang in there!

Tessa
Single Mom of 6 beautiful children and 3 angels........
CL to Single Moms, January 2010 Winter Wonders, and 2010 Playgroup Friends
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-28-2011 - 11:13pm
Again as from my other thread, things are better! Sorry I dropped off the face of the planet. Just got busy really. I am off the Zoloft now and I think that is fine.
Siggie