iVillage Member
BF Jitterbugs support & advice thread!
Mon, 07-26-2010 - 8:23pm

I hope this is in the right folder!

Powered by

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-26-2010 - 10:18pm

Bryson is the total opposite to what my DD was when it comes to BFing. He loves to eat eat eat and it shows in his weight. Just had his 2m appt and he is 12 lbs 11 oz and 24 inches.
Anyway things are going well. I have a good freezer supply started in case something opens up on the job front.

I have one small issue that has just arisen in the last few days. I noticed my left nipple is a weird pink/white color and is a little sensitive. I am not sure whats going on. Any ideas?

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-26-2010 - 10:23pm
Marcus is my first child. We are EBF, we also feed on demand which usually means i spend, like you, most of the day answering the call of the hungry babe. Also, we co- sleep, i love it.
My issue, he wont be put down for more than 10 min when awake...though now he can focus more on his hanging mobile...so i hope to wean him off being held so much. My question, when should i start letting him "self-soothe". He is only 6weeks old.
People love giving advice but i have a different approach to parenting than ANYONE i know personally IRL. We had Marcus all natural and people were just dumbstruck and in awe that that was even possible. lol.
Needless to say BF-ing is going swell and I have ample supply, any advice from more experienced moms on the board regarding when to start "self-soothing"? (if at all)
Baby Slings at Nurtured Family

babies

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-26-2010 - 10:25pm
hmm, not sure.

Powered by
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-26-2010 - 10:29pm

While sometimes I have to let JB fuss so that I can shower or put in a load of laundry (or drive somewhere), I generally don't do any "self-soothing" other than that.

Powered by
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-26-2010 - 10:29pm
Thrush or milk blister?...
Baby Slings at Nurtured Family

babies

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-27-2010 - 12:30am
First of all let me say I am amazed that I have been EBF for 8 weeks now. I really wanted to throw in the towel but thanks to this board and all the wonderful support I kept with it and I am happy I did. I have a good supply, I feed on demand so that means there are days I don't get much done, I have a good freezer stash for when I get back to work and I am becoming a pro at NIP. I love nursing my baby girl and my only regret is not sticking with it for my DS. I only BF him for 6 weeks with a lot of supplementing, oh well can't change the passed.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-27-2010 - 12:46am
Wyatt loves to snack! LOL I agree it is hard to get anything done. And I am not even breastfeeding! One of the benefits of EP and having my older DS home for summer break is being able to hand him a bottle and the baby. I swear some days it is the only way I get to go pee on my own. Wyatt loves to be held. He is getting better about playing by himself on the floor for short periods of time. And the Moby helps. But sometimes you just need 5 minutes to yourself. How else do you poop if you can't put them down? HA HA HA

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-27-2010 - 12:56am

EPing is going pretty well here. I pump 4 times a day now. It seems to be working very well for me. I set the schedule up to work well with my work schedule when I go back. That way I will only have to pump once in the middle of my shift. I have even stopped leaking breast milk! I always wear pads when I go out of the house. I so don't need a huge milk puddle on my shirt in the middle of Walmart. LOL But I no longer have to wear breast pads or my lilypadz over night. I pump after DH goes to bed and while Wyatt is sleeping. So any time between 10 pm - midnight. Then I pump again at 6 am after Wyatt gets up for the morning. I haven't leaked in the bed in a long time. It is nice to not have to wear the pads. Sometimes the damn explodes and the milk flows. LOL If I am holding Wyatt and he is crying pretty hard my milk will let down. I think it is a mixture of him crying and the weight of his body resting on my boobs. My boobs are huge so he often rides on top of them. LOL But anyway for the most part the leaking has stopped and my bra feels less bulky these days. I can even sleep naked again! WOOHOO because I hate sleeping in jammies.

I did panic a bit right around the time Wyatt turned a month old. He had a growth spurt and was guzzling milk down like there was no tomorrow. I was terrified I would not be able to keep up and pulled a bunch of milk out of the freezer. Lack of sleep seriously makes people irrational some times. LOL I used up the milk that I pulled out. Now I am slowly trying to restock it. I asked DH to buy me a small freezer that is just for frozen milk. I told him when the frozen milk is gone it can become his frozen pizza freezer. HA HA HA Of course he has to over research everything he buys so it might be a while. Until then my milk will hang out in the freezer next to the Tombstone pizzas. LOL

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-27-2010 - 12:59am
I noticed the same thing 2 days ago in my right nipple. I think I cranked up the pump to high to fast and may have slightly injured the poor girl. I have been extra careful about how fast I crank up the pump and have been keeping it on a lower setting since then. My nipple seems back to normal now.

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-27-2010 - 1:14am
It makes me sad when I offer Wyatt the breast and he screams bloody murder until I give in and give him the bottle. It is hard not to be offended or bummed out or what ever. I haven't told anyone else that I feel that way. Sometimes it makes me want to cry. I keep trying but he shows very little interest. The most important thing to me is that he gets breast milk. No matter what way he gets it. Mother's milk proved it's worth to us over and over again when Wyatt was in the hospital. My milk did more for him then anything the doctors gave him. Stupid glucose water ... I wonder how things would be different with breastfeeding now if Wyatt had not ended up in the hospital hooked up to NG tubes and an IV and being pumped full of glucose water. But I just keep trucking along. I know he is still getting breast milk and as much skin on skin time as possible. He is happy and healthy and well fed and gaining weight like crazy. That's what matters.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pages