Distracted Eater??

iVillage Member
Distracted Eater??
Tue, 12-28-2010 - 4:00pm

Bryson has always been a good eater.

Oct Siggy

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-29-2010 - 4:20pm

I pull out and that generally gets him back on fast lol. I often have a blanket or softie and I lay that gently on or near his face. He tends to grab them and pull them over his eyes which limits his distractibility.

Ryan's very distracted while eating solids as well. Fortunately I'm not usually in a hurry (and don't have another little one underfoot) and I let him take his time. I figure eating slowly is a good habit to establish.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-30-2010 - 4:16pm
I have the same issue with Madden! he does it all the time and I do the same thing as you- attempt to nurse a few more times and then I close the milk bar.. LOL I have tried a blanket to block out the distractions, but then the blanket distracts him...LOL

I say..this too shall pass. I remember Hudson did this about the same age and once everything stopped being so cool- he stopped being so distracted. :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-31-2010 - 12:42am
My little guy is starting to shake his head violently back and forth...especially when he eats. He thinks it's funny. I'm finding if he's fascinated with the light or something - that it works to point him in that direction so he can fully view it while eating. But BFing that option might be a bit more difficult to do. Hopefully he gets bored with his bedroom! Dee
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-31-2010 - 4:55pm
We joke that JB stars in the smash hit "Distractible Me." If she is really hungry, she'll eat. And she eats a lot at night. It's a phase. It only really bothers me if we are out somewhere, so when she pulls off I'm flashing in public. ;)