Food sensitivity, eczema, and allergies?

iVillage Member
Food sensitivity, eczema, and allergies?
Mon, 07-26-2010 - 3:40pm

So, JB is sensitive to dairy (booo), but so was DD1 and I sort of expected it. I've cut out milk, cheese, ice cream, etc. Then a couple of weeks ago, I noticed that she had REALLY bad, painful gas when I had eaten a bunch of peanuts. Then a couple of days ago, she got the same gas after I ate almonds. NOW, she seems to be sensitive to chocolate. I ate a lot of chocolate yesterday...a lot, and she had the same reaction. She also has eczema on her face.

Question 1: Do you think these might be connected?

Question 2: Does anyone have experience with a baby being sensitive to certain foods and then being allergic to them later? I'm curious about this b/c all of the foods she's sensitive to are common allergy foods.

TIA!

Photobucket

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Photobucket

Photobucket
Come see me at abbeydabbydesigns.etsy.com !
<Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-26-2010 - 3:57pm
I dont know if she will have them later in life but I do know many babies are sensitive to foods until there digestive system matures.
I know the nut allergies can be really sever so I would probably talk to you dr about your concerns.
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-26-2010 - 4:07pm
I would be talking to the Dr..I'm not sure whtether there is a connection b ut given they are such common allergens it's worth bringing up.
Photobucket
Photobucket