Getting the right nutrition

iVillage Member
Getting the right nutrition
Mon, 04-25-2011 - 2:36pm

I have been worrying lately about Wyatt getting the proper nutrition after we take him off from formula/breastmilk and switch over to cow's milk. I have always felt like Wyatt get's the things he needs just from drinking formula/breastmilk. But he won't from the foods he eats. Maybe a multivitamin (which he gets every day right now) will fill in the gaps. Maybe I should give him something like those pedisure drink thingies to help. I am totally freaking out about this. Which I realize is stupid. Bryan has survived just fine and dandy over the years based on what I have fed him. Heck he is only 12 years old and he is taller then I am now! LOL I know I just need to relax. Does anybody else worry about this with their first birthdays fast approaching? I really don't want to continue with formula because of the cost. I know they make toddler formula but I don't want to spend the crazy money on it. Anyway just wondering if I am the only nut case or not. LOL

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-28-2011 - 3:52am
It works well and because it'spasta it's easy for them to feed themselves :) fills em up to!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-27-2011 - 10:43pm
That might be a good way to use up some of this dumb baby food I have sitting around that he won't let me feed him. I never thought to mix it with pasta like a sauce.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-27-2011 - 9:09pm
Natasha I dont know if this helps but when I am cooking I wait to season take out Rafs then add salt pepper etc.
He eats a modified version of the food we eat,some night I am pretty lazy esp. now that I am getting more and more pg so those nights I cook him baby pasta and throw in a jar of 12 month plus baby food. He loves it plus it has the benefit of being nutritionally sound!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-27-2011 - 8:08pm
I was just wondering the same thing. I was thinking about giving Joey the toddler formula once a day and then a multivitamin. I have thought about taking the food we eat and blending it up but we don't eat that healthy all the time and I don't want him to get that much salt. I haven't completely decided what I am going to do.

Natasha
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-25-2011 - 5:28pm
I will be giving Raf 1 sippy of toddler milk/formula a day once he switches to all cow.It is much cheaper when you are only using it once a day and apparently (well over here anyway) they get enough nutrition form 1 sippy to maintain them if their diet is lacking in certain things..I know Raf is becomming picky with food!!
Photobucket