I need sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!

iVillage Member
I need sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!
Sat, 07-24-2010 - 8:39pm
Any ideas on how to help Wyatt sleep longer at night? He is still getting up every 2 hours at night. The last few days he has been getting up every hour after 3 am. I am utterly exhausted and a tish cranky. We have a good bed time routine set up and he goes down easily at night. He hates being swaddled and will wake up pissed off when swaddled because he can't roll over onto his side. I am still pumping and he is getting only breast milk. That stuff goes to fast through their little bellies. LOL So any ideas on what will make him sleep longer? So I can sleep longer. So I can go back to work in 3 weeks with out falling asleep and getting fired. LOL

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-24-2010 - 10:25pm
have you tried a massage before bed with lavendar lotion? I do this for Kaelyn to relax her. Thats all I have to offer. Kaelyn's sleep habits aren't much better...I get 3 hour stretches of sleep as long as she is swaddled, if not swaddled I only get about 20 minutes.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

wedding planning

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-25-2010 - 12:35am
I found with Ivy (who was I maintain the worlds worst sleeper)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-25-2010 - 8:24am
Natalie will be 4 weeks on Tuesday and gives me 3 hour stretches at night. Not fantastic but breastmilk digests so quickly. As they get older they slowly begin to sleep longer as they begin to stay up longer during the day. When she naps during the day, I keep her room bright and we don't tip toe around her as she sleeps. I am also feeling the exhaustion but because my 3-year-old requires as much attention as my newborn. Luckily Becca is going to spend some time with my in-laws this week and they are going all kinds of places. It will be like only having one kid again :)
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-25-2010 - 1:20pm
I wish I could use all those lovely lavender soaps and lotions that they make for babies. They smell so good. Unfortunately I am allergic to lavender. My eye itch and turn red and water and get all puffy. I sneeze over and over until my brain feels like it is going to pop out. One time I bought body wash, shampoo and conditioner in a lavender scent. Every time I would get in the shower I would start to have an allergic reaction. Then I would spend the rest of the day feeling like crap but it would slowly fade as the day went on. I thought maybe there was some unseen mold or something that I was reacting too. Then one day it just hit me BAM maybe it's the lavender. Sure enough I started using a different scent and my allergies cleared up. UGH! I had to throw away perfectly good bottles that were almost full because I couldn't find anyone else who wanted them after I told them I was allergic. LOL I LOVE lilac scented anything. Lilacs are by far my favorite flower. But everything that is lilac scented is in a similar light purple color packaging. I have to be very careful to make sure I get the lilac and not the lavender. UGH!

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket