Mommas to boys (circumcision Question)

iVillage Member
Mommas to boys (circumcision Question)
Thu, 12-23-2010 - 6:20pm

Okay, for some reason around the time Ean was 2 months old I noticed that his little penis would be receded back into his skin except for the tippy top. It didn't completely cover his pee hole or anything, but there wasn't a discernible shaft to it. Let me just say, Ean is a major chunker. I had no clue breast fed babies got to be so fat. I did discover that when I change his diaper or give him a bath I can just press down on the fat pad pubic area and his penis just pops out like normal. It will stay out for a while looking normal before it recedes back. I looked this up online and saw the the term 'concealed penis' is used to describe this along with some other more serious problems where the penis doesn't actually pop out, so I have no clue whether or not this is a problem. I plan on asking the doctor at his 6 month appointment on Tuesday (which is late because of the holidays -_-;) but I wondered if any of you ever had this happen? My older DS never had this happen so I'm not too sure whether it is common or not.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-23-2010 - 7:49pm

Ty's is doing that too.

Jeni Wife to Jeff (8 yrs) Mommy to Lars (7 Yrs), Ali (5 Yrs) and Ty (1)
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-24-2010 - 1:28am

Yup, happens to my JB too.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-27-2010 - 2:44pm

Well Carter's penis doesn't have that problem (I seriously think its the nexy Ron Jeremy! I think that's his name???) But my Best friends little boy does. I don't think she's aware. You can BEARLY even see his goodies. It's always hiding. Literally it sometimes look like he doesn't even have a shaft, just balls. He is a SUPER chunk tho, so maybe it just has to do with chunky babies??? LMK if the doctor says its something to worry about so I can bring it up to her.

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-03-2011 - 6:14pm
My doc said it's because of the fat pad and will correct itself
Photobucket