Solid Foods schedule ?

iVillage Member
Solid Foods schedule ?
Mon, 01-17-2011 - 10:32pm

I am just wondering how often your lo's are getting solid foods?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-18-2011 - 10:51am
We don't really do anything scheduled. If she's at daycare or grandparents, she'll usually get something at lunchtime, but when I have her all day we just play it by ear. For instance, she had just nursed, and was acting a little fussy/bored, so I gave her mum-mums. If we're all sitting down for a meal and she's interested, she'll get puffs or applesauce. But I don't schedule it out. We also don't do cereal or commercial purees. I give her little pieces of soft table food.

Powered by
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-18-2011 - 11:32am

We do a morning serving of cereal & fruit

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-18-2011 - 11:47am

Ryan sits down in his high chair for a "meal" around 10am and again around 2pm. Fruit or veg or yogurt or just finger foods (we like the Happy Baby puffs and mum-mums). I was giving him something again around 6pm - more just to get myself organized around his solids than to feed a hungry baby - but his bedtime is now earlier and he just nurses before bed. He always nurses and naps after a meal. Lately I've been putting him in his high chair while I'm busy in the kitchen and he gnaws on a teething biscuit and practices drinking water from his sippy cup. He's happy there for half an hour which gives me time to get stuff done, or eat my own din-din.

Side note. Ryan has a girlfriend! Olivia was born on May 21st and lives in the apartment below us with her mom Kristen

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-19-2011 - 8:27pm
We have target brand puffs in a couple different flavors.

Kristen, how fun to have a new friend with a baby the same age! And the same name, too funny. Sounds really nice :)