Stage 5 Clinger

iVillage Member
Stage 5 Clinger
Sun, 07-25-2010 - 11:19am
This is what Becca was and I am determined not to have Natalie need me to hold her all day long but this seems to be the direction we are heading towards. She wants to be held when she is awake and will no longer just chill in her swing or chair like she did when we first brought her home. I also put her down as soon as she is asleep but she wakes up within 5-10 minutes of me doing so. Sometimes she will stay down and sleep but for the most part she wakes up. Luckily this is only during the day but it's hard when I have a 3-year-old that wants my attention and a newborn that wants to be held. How do I handle it?
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
In reply to: klo0924
Sun, 07-25-2010 - 12:41pm

Sorry your JB wants to be held so much! I know it's tough when you have an older kiddo too...I have 2 older boys and have just been putting Abby down and let her fuss a bit. Some times I'm not sure what else to do! There are days when she is really fussy and doesn't want to be put down at all, and then I will put her in a front carrier so I can at least still get things done and play with the boys. Have you tried a carrier? At least then you'd have your hands free for you 3 y/o.

Sorry I don't have any better suggestions! Hang in there!!

Photobucket

Photobucket    

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-25-2010 - 1:08pm

I feel your pain! My JB is the same way. Neither of my older children were like this so this high maintenance baby girl is throwing us for

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-25-2010 - 3:17pm
Thanks ladies. As crazy as this sounds, I contribute her clinginess to my high milk supply. The more hindmilk she gets the calmer she will be. So I am working on getting my milk supply under control by block feeding and catching the letdown into a towel so she does gulp a lot of air. She has actually been asleep in her crib since 2pm so this is a good thing :) Just going to keep trying.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-25-2010 - 11:01pm
your plan sounds like a good one : )
I would also give the hands free wrap/carrier a go !
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-26-2010 - 12:11am
I bow to the magic of the Moby! LOL Wrapping him up and carrying him around puts him out cold and lets me get things done. I can not how ever do laundry with him in the wrap. I am terrified of falling down the basement stairs while he is in it. And it is to hard to bend over to fold clothes while having him in front of me. Wyatt is starting to get better. He actually likes laying on the floor and kicking his legs around. But only for so long and then he is back to wanting to be held.

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-26-2010 - 4:57pm
I just posted this exact post before reading yours. How has it been going? I don't know what to do anymore myself. My poor 2 year old!! It's already too hot to go outside and now I can't even play much with him inside :( Hope things get better for you real soon.
Photobucket
Photobucket