Won't drink regular milk??

iVillage Member
Won't drink regular milk??
Wed, 07-13-2011 - 4:42pm

Anyone else's JB not taking to the whole milk?? Weston will take a sip from his sippy (assuming its water which he drinks throughout the day and has always been good with) reazlies its milk, then spits out most of the sip with a disgusted look

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-13-2011 - 5:11pm
Kids don't truly *need* milk, but it is a handy way of getting a variety of nutrients. But you can offer other things like cheese and yogurt and he get get his nutrition w/o ever drinking plain milk.

Powered by
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-25-2011 - 12:21am

My little guy won't take milk either. His older brother still won't drink milk very often and he's 3. (altho he did tonight when he saw his cousins drinking it! :)

I give him formula in the evening before bed and I'll use formula whereever I would milk - like in porridge and stuff. I figure it's got everything in there and more than milk so he's covered. He also drinks a lot of water and actually loves his water...so I think that's better than only wanting to drink milk and not taking water, lol!

Dee

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-16-2011 - 12:15am
I can only tell you what I did, and trust me Ean is not a big fan of milk either. I quit BFing at 9 months because I'd just had it--and I stopped cold turkey. He was sooo upset and not happy at all. I just kept offering him the water and milk and eventually he started taking it. He still doesn't drink at all like my oldest who was completely fine with the switch from formula to milk, but I make sure he has water all day and as long as he is hydrated I think that's the important part. I'd say as long as you're offering the water and he is eating a variety of foods in the day you're probably fine to keep on trucking without offering more formula.

Photobucket<