2 Month Update :)

iVillage Member
2 Month Update :)
Thu, 08-26-2010 - 12:16am

Here we are in the 10th week, 11 on Saturday, and I've hardly been on at all -_-; Right after Ean was born we were rushing to do Ds Daley's 3rd bday party early since DH was deploying. We did his party and one week later my grandmother had a stroke. She is 93 and has been the picture of perfect health until this. It landed her in a nursing home/rehab. center where a few weeks later she had a 'progression of the initial stroke' whatever that means. Now she is nearly completely incapacitated--can't speak, is paralyzed on the left side, and also can't eat. She didn't want any feeding tubes or interventions so... Effectively we are waiting for her to pass and the past few weeks of dealing with this, visiting her, DH being deployed, having the boys etc have been stressful. I've felt like I've been in a fog with my days disappearing before I know it and I'm often pretty lonely.

Anyway, on the up side, at Ean's 2 month check up he weighed in at a whipping 15 pounds. He is a little short though, only in about the 15% for his height. I just can't believe my breast feeding chunked him up that well. Wow! I attached a pic of him at two months, jowls hanging everywhere LOL! :) I've been so busy I haven't even uploaded any of the pics I've taken in the past few weeks. Forgive me you guys, I promise I'll try and be back soon.

Julianne

DH Mike since 05/15/2005

DS Daley John 08-07-2007

Ean Michael 06-12-2010

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-26-2010 - 11:19am

aww..he's too cute!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-26-2010 - 11:45am
I don't know if the boys are usually heavier or not. I know Ean is very short, 21.5 in at 2 months, so I'm not sure if he would be shorter than your girl :) Both of my boys have been very short. DS1 is still small for his age-- 3 years old and only just 36 in tall. I'm not too worried by it at this point, I think their stats aren't necessarily indicative of anything but where they fall in terms of health at this phase of life. My brother was very small in infancy and child hood and is 6ft tall as an adult. DH was also concerned about whether or not Ean was 'too fat' lol I tried to explain to him that babies are supposed to be chunky, and there pretty much isn't a way to monitor how much he eats since I am bfing. The doctors also commented on how hefty he was saying that usually babies that are born at 9 lbs weigh 15 at 2 months, not babies who were only 6 lbs 14 oz.

Julianne

DH Mike since 05/15/2005

DS Daley John 08-07-2007

Ean Michael 06-12-2010

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-26-2010 - 1:49pm

Hooray for booby juice!

Cute picture :)

So sorry to hear about your grandmother's turn for the worse, and your stress, and your loneliness. I hope you're asking for help and company when and where you need it. You need to make sure to get some time with adults too, even if it's *just* at the playground or chatting with the person at the next table at Starbucks or something... And, of course, you know we're always here for you.

Photobucket