Sleeping through the night!

iVillage Member
Sleeping through the night!
Mon, 10-25-2010 - 12:29am

For the last 17 (hoping tonight is number 18) nights Wyatt has slept through the night! Yes I am counting. He has been going to bed at 9pm. Then he sleeps through the night until morning. The time he gets up varies anywhere between 5-9am. This is HUGE for us because we are now allowed to let him sleep through the night. We don't have to wake him up every 4 hours to eat. Once we or I should say I stopped waking him up he just fell into his own rhythem. I am suppose to feed him every 8 hours but I refuse to wake him up anymore. They can not prove that anything is wrong with him. I have let him sleep 12 hours straight several times now and he has been just fine. The first couple of times were nerve wracking. But he did great and had no problems. His blood sugar was fine. So I started relaxing. I still get up several times during the night to pee and check on him. He occasionally rolls himself to the edge of the crib and gets an arm stuck and I have to get up and rescue him. But he goes right back to sleep after I free him. I am so happy I could scream! It is so nice to finally be getting some sleep at night! I enjoy going to bed now because I am no longer worried he will be up any minute. I can actually get into a halfway decent sleep now. WOOHOO!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-25-2010 - 10:42pm

Yay Wyatt

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-27-2010 - 8:56am
He has been a little more difficult to settle down at night to sleep now with the teething in full force. But at least he still sleeps through the night.
Photobucket