Well Child Visits

iVillage Member
Well Child Visits
Tue, 08-10-2010 - 1:07am

The boys had their well child visits today. Wyatt's 2 month and Bryan's 12 year checks. They both did really well and sadly both had to have shots. Bryan did really well and barely flinched. Wyatt screamed up and down the hallways all the way to the car. LOL He was MAD at me afterward. Poor baby! Hopefully his little legs are less tender tomorrow and he stops holding a grudge against me. he he he

Wyatt is 11 pounds 3 ounces and 21 inches long. He is growing steadily and the doctor was happy with his weight gain. They are keeping a close eye on his weight because we still don't know what is going on with the metabolic disorder. He is short. But I am short. And Bryan was pretty darn short when he was Wyatt's age. And look at Bryan now! HA HA HA Wyatt is steadily gaining weight and slowly getting longer and as long as he continues to grow the doctor is not worried.

He asked a bunch of questions about Wyatt's development and checked him over. Everything looked good. I asked him about Wyatt's right testicle. I checked it before we left for the appointments. It was there but it was not down yet. The doctor says to me "Ya it dropped." WHAT?! WHEN?! LOL Apparently between home, McDonalds and then the doctor's office his right testicle finally dropped. HA HA HA How funny is that? What a fancy trick that boy pulled! The doctor laughed and told Wyatt he has pretty good timing. LOL

Bryan's check up was pretty quick. He asked him a few questions and looked him over. It was funny to see Bryan's long legs moving around in a similar fashion to the way he checks Wyatt's hips. Man that kid is getting long. Bryan is 5 feet 1 inch tall and 140 pounds. That puts him in the 75% for height and 97% for weight. The doctor said the percentiles can sound kind of scary but he is not at all worried. Bryan has reached puberty a bit earlier then his peers and it shows in his measurements. He said he can visually see that Bryan is not at all over weight and in comparison to his height he is pretty normal. He was not thrilled that Bryan does not play any sports but was happy that Bryan does help out with farm chores so he is getting outside and moving. I have a geek not a jock. He prefers to read, play video games and he is good at math but just doesn't enjoy any sports. Bryan might be a geek but I am pretty sure my geek could bench press most of the jocks his age. HA HA HA

So they are both healthy and doing well. They are up to date on their shots and the nurse was going to fax Bryan's records to the school district so he can go to the first day of school. Bummer for Bryan. HA HA HA Next visit in 2 months. Unless we get a call from the geneticist before then and he wants us to come in to discuss test results. I hope the tests show nothing and we can just be done with the whole metabolic disorder junk. Until then I have to go wake the baby every 4 hours to feed him. Ya right ... like Wyatt sleeps for 4 hours straight ... like ever! LOL

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-10-2010 - 8:47am
Glad to hear Wyatt is steadily growing! And way to go Bryan for hardly flinching with the shots :). Hoping the test results show nothing and you can put that behind you!!

Photobucket

Photobucket    

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-10-2010 - 12:52pm

Can you tell Wyatt's girlfriends that one day? "Wyatt's right testicle dropped at McDonalds on August 10, 2010." ROFL.

Gosh, my DD just turned 12. She's 5'4" and weighs 92 lbs. (And no, I don't like her. Not one bit, LOL.) I know boys and girls have different charts, but I can't wait to see what hers will be. (Or, um, I could check online. LOL. Point being, you've got me curious).

I'm glad things are going well and everyone is healthy. Wyatt's a little stinker, isn't he? =c)

Photobucket

I'm published!

Sarah
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-10-2010 - 1:23pm

Way to go Wyatt for making sure things were in "place" just before the appt.!

Your Bryan sounds like my oldest. :D

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Photobucket

Photobucket

-Candice
Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-10-2010 - 1:54pm

HA HA HA I am totally banking that one away in my memory. I'll be sure to use it when he is a snarky teenager and totally getting on my nerves. "Hey let's go to that McDonalds by the mall that your right testicle dropped in! I am sure your girlfriend would love to eat there!" HA HA HA

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-10-2010 - 2:34pm
Yay for a good appt. And Bryan is just a few inches shorter than me...I am only 5' 4" sheesh.
Photobucket
Oct Siggy

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-10-2010 - 2:39pm
That all sounds really positive. DS1 was really short (and has continued to be so), I find it odd that they might consider that to be indicative of something. I hope all your test results come back a-ok! Your little man sure is cute :)

Julianne

DH Mike since 05/15/2005

DS Daley John 08-07-2007

Ean Michael 06-12-2010

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-10-2010 - 2:52pm
Poor growth is a symptom of that VLCAD that he tested positive for on the newborn screening. If Wyatt was not growing well then they would worry that he was not in fact processing fatty acids and would need a fancy specially formulated formula just for him and his specific metabolic disorder. Can we say EXPENSIVE! LOL Thankfully he is doing really well on just breast milk. That is a good sign that he does not have it or at least has a mild case.
Photobucket
Photobucket