Christmas Shopping..Already LOL

iVillage Member
Christmas Shopping..Already LOL
Thu, 07-22-2010 - 11:21pm

Haha some may call me crazy, I prefer to think of myself as well organised ; )

Please tell me there are others among us that have also turned their attention to this mammoth task..well for me it is with 6 kids.Yesterday I did the Target Christmas toy sale (not sure if they do these over there) but over here in July they do a massive sale so you can do laybys that you can pay off over the next 5 months they can keep your purchases till Christmas Eve. Hmm too much money later I made myself leave the store,In my defense I point out the whole 6 kids thing haha.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-22-2010 - 11:32pm

me, pick me. I shop all year round. I have a part in my calender that has everyones names that i need to buy presents for and i write it down when i find something and stash it in my closet ( who knows where i'll put it when the kids start to catch onto snooping). I find something cute on sale and i find myself thinking.. who needs this. lol. I love it come christmas when all i need to buy is a hand full of items instead of a massive amount. My bank account and my sanity likes it better this way, you're in good company with me.

I don't think our targets do the christmas sale thing and i'm fairly positive they don't do layaway, that would be sweet if they did though so i kind of hope i'm wrong.

Photobucket

little broep jitterbugboy jitterbugwear jitterbug
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-22-2010 - 11:37pm

LOL I love that I am not the only one : )

I tell ya yesterday morning there where like 100 woman lined up at the Target doors waiting for them to open to grab the bargains..Thankfully I am tall and dont mind pushing hehe.I got some awesome bargains.Yes If I did all my shopping at Christmas time I'd be broke.
I hope your Targets do something similar it makes it a lot less painful and a fun thing to do inn the middle of the year : )

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-22-2010 - 11:43pm
my little secret is i LOVE the crazy mad rush to get the sales, like the ones the day after christmas or thanksgiving. I start my shopping for the next year the day after christmas. :) you're tall so you push over people but i am short so i duck around them lol :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-22-2010 - 11:49pm
LMAO..we'd be the perfect team if I lived over there : )
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-22-2010 - 11:56pm
oh if only!
Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-23-2010 - 11:22am

I've already started. Tyler and Brianna are older so their wish list is pricier. I have to start early in order to not bankrupt us at Christmastime.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

wedding planning

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-23-2010 - 12:04pm
I am going to start next week. The Disney Store is running a friend's and family sale and DD1 will be away with my in-laws for the week. So I am going to take DD2 and do some shopping without a 3-year-old running all over the store :) I got a few little items at Big Lots last week cause I had a coupon for there too.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-23-2010 - 12:04pm
it's the way to go :) a little tip. I'm not sure if it's a good one but restaurants.com is having 80 percent off their stuff. i got a handful of 50 dollar certificates for 18 dollars. I got them for the random friends and family that you don't really know what to get them but you have to get them something :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-23-2010 - 12:55pm
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-23-2010 - 4:23pm
yeah I have a 14y/o and a a 12 y/o so know how expensive their presents are. Glad to know I am not in the boat alone : )
Photobucket
Photobucket

Pages