I've been pretty quiet ....

iVillage Member
I've been pretty quiet ....
Thu, 07-22-2010 - 10:54pm
I know... these past few weeks have been fairly confronting for me.
I'm not sure if you remember a few months back me mentioning my 18 month old Phoenix and the concerns I was having for his development.Anyway recently he has started to pull his own hair and bang his head on the floor,lounge wall almost anything.He still does not say any real words and has also started screaming for no good reason holds his breath and turns blue around the mouth,we are seeing a child psychologist next week.As you can imagine having this going on with a 6 week old and other children it has left next to no time for me to be online :(
I miss chatting to you all !
Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-22-2010 - 11:40pm
I hope you find some answers with Dominic, it can be so frustrating trying to figure things like that out. I'll send some prayers out for him and for your family if you don't mind. If you need an ear, you can email me or chat on facebook, i'm dealing with some issues with my bianca so I might understand a little.
Photobucket

little broep jitterbugboy jitterbugwear jitterbug
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-22-2010 - 11:47pm

I need to get back on FB,How is B ?

I am hoping Fin is just

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-22-2010 - 11:55pm

biancas doing well, no one can figure out why she can't walk. She does EVERYTHIGN but walking, jumping climbing dancing lol. Shes seeing a physical therapist twice a week now and they have no clue but they're working with her, and she's going to see a nurologist beginning of august to check out if it's a nurological ( Sp) issue. She is taking more steps now. When we were moving here she took her first actual step, now she takes four or so at a time ( like from couch to table) dozens of times a day, so i'm hopeful that there will be "real" walking in our semi near future. She wants to so badly i just try to practice with her as much as we can.

I hope it's nothing serious for Dom, like you said hopefully it's a behavioral thing. I don't know much about this stuff but could it be that his speech issue is causing the behavioral response? maybe frustration? Good luck with all the assessments.

Photobucket

little broep jitterbugboy jitterbugwear jitterbug
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-23-2010 - 12:08am

it's completely possible..he is on the waiting list for speech therapy hopefully with a psychological child assessment they can move him up and get started quicker to see if being able to communicate makes things a bit better.

YAY for Bianca 4 steps is good : )

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-23-2010 - 12:26am
I hope that you can find out some answers soon. The waiting game is excruciating, especially when it involves your child. :( (((hugs)))
Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-23-2010 - 12:38am
Thanks Candice
I know we have similar issues..I hope everything is going okay for you?
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-23-2010 - 9:53am

Paige I am sorry you are going through this right now with Phoenix. Is there concerns of Autism?

I was the one that picked the folder names based on peoples interests. There was some issues before of people not sure where to put things so I though we would just keep it simple once me moved to the playgroup.

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-23-2010 - 10:02am
Paige, I'm sorry you're going through all that, especially with having a newbie I'm sure that makes things harder. I will be thinking of you, and sending P&PT your way. Definitely KUP! (((HUGS)))
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket
Nursing Bras at NurturedFamily.comMaya Wrap Baby Slings at Nurtured FamilyPhotobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-23-2010 - 10:35am
Hi Paige!