Any other bedrest Mommas?

iVillage Member
Any other bedrest Mommas?
Mon, 06-13-2011 - 2:58pm

Just wanted to see if anyone else out there was enjoying bedrest this pregnancy?!

I will be 32 weeks on Thursday and I am supposedly on bedrest until 36 weeks. So I have about 4 1/2 weeks left until they release me! My Doctor put me on because after talking to me about the amount of contractions I have (way over the 12 a day limit he has) he decided to do a FFN test and it came back positive: ( So down I went! Also, after the swab he checked my cervix and his comment was "It is a little softer than I would like at this time"...LOL: ) So here I am hanging out on IVillage while my kiddos sleep, because really what else would I do?! Just kidding...it actually hasn't been as bad as I thought. I have been getting TONS of random things around the house organized...like pictures for example. Also, I have the ok to be out and about if I am in a wheelchair so I get out of the house once in a while. And of course, I do a little cheating here and there. I mean, come on, if I don't get up and changed my DS's diaper who is going to seriously? I am being as careful as I can, but I know my body and I must not be nearly as worried about going into pre-term labor as my Doc because I really don't think my body is going to: )

Anyway, how are the rest of you coping with bedrest?? Any tips and tricks you would like to share for getting thorugh it?

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-13-2011 - 7:15pm

I've been on for almost two weeks. I was hoping to get the approval to go back to work today but that didn't happen. I'm basically on until delivery which should be around 36 weeks if things stay stable.

I leave once a day to take my boys to the sitter and day camp but that's about it.

I'm rather angry today. I really knew I was going to be allowed to go back to work.

~~Torri, Xander 10/20/05, Sebastian 10/07/09 and Baby Surprise coming August 2011

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-13-2011 - 11:29pm

I really struggled in the beginning with being angry about the whole thing: (

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-14-2011 - 12:09am
Sorry to hear about your bedrest, but thankfully we don't have much longer! And it is for a great cause :) I can imagine it is extremely frustrating. I am not on bedrest, but I sometimes I feel like I might as well be....as making dinner is probably the biggest thing i accomplish. I sit/lay around most the day, being in too much pain to accomplish anything. It really frustrates me. the only thing getting me through it, is knowing this is only temporary! I don't have any other advice, other than being an excellent time getting papers/pictures organized....which if your like me, normally during hectic times of non-pg life, would never get done! I also know how hard I'll be working after the baby gets here, so I don't feel as guilty

luvmy4kids Made with My Cool Signs.Net

&

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-14-2011 - 11:36am

The first week I was on bedrest that is exactly what I did ~ organize all of our pictures!! I have also organized DH and my closet (sitting on a stool of course) and am ready to start the kids closet ~ bringing up the baby clothes & figuring out the most organized way to have it. I have filled out as much in her baby book as I can until she is actually born. I also have made list upon list of all sorts of things. DS's 2 birthday is August 16th and I'm sure the 11th. So I've organized what I need for his party this year and made a list of what I still need to get which I will do next time my mom or DH take me shopping. We are having an evening get together for his birthday on our back porch with cake, ice cream and lemonade: ) I don't want him to get ripped out of a party because of the baby so I want to have it as organized as it can be before she arrives. I am also making my list of the few things I need to buy this time around.

All in all, I am trying to look at this as a blessing because of all the things I can get done that I normally wouldn't make time for. And the kids are doing wonderfully. It just gets hard when I think of the time I have left on it and the summer I am missing: (

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-14-2011 - 3:58pm
I know what you mean. It kind of depresses me to think that by the time I get back into the swing of things after the pg is over and baby is here....it'll practically be time for school to start again! I so enjoy my summer's ....so this summer is going to have to be a lot different than the norm!

luvmy4kids Made with My Cool Signs.Net

&

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-15-2011 - 5:49pm

No tips, just a thank you. I appreciate you posting on this topic.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-15-2011 - 10:59pm

I'm sorry that you are dealing with this too River: ( And I pop over to the July board all the time since I'm due the first part of August and my last was 2 weeks early!

I am trying to just take in one day at a time with this bedrest. I keep as busy as I can with my kiddos...sitting on the back porch while they play, sitting in the driveway while they splash around, sitting on the floor while they build with blocks and play with other toys, watching the occasional cartoon and napping when they nap every afternoon! I am almost 2 weeks into it and it has flown by so far. The hubby keeps me entertained and busy on the weekend annd before you know it I'm starting another week! I still have moments of anger...I get upset that I can't ride my bike around the block with the kids or take them to the pool park. I get angry that I can't go to Target and browse around looking for baby stuff: ( But instead I focus on what I can do and that in the greater scheme of things

BabyFetus Ticker