Baby Names!!

iVillage Member
Baby Names!!
Mon, 06-27-2011 - 6:02pm

I thought it would be fun to share our baby names or baby name ideas for our little grasshoppers. Do you have a definite name picked out? Was it easy/hard to decide? Does it have any meaning behind it? Are you still completely clueless?

We've had Carlee picked out for months and months. But now we're questioning it and wondering if its the right name for this little one. We're stumped on middle names and have a few first names picked out. But we're so worried about changing her first name because EVERYONE is calling her Carlee now. So right now we're on the fence. Either we find the perfect middle name or are stuck with pretty much nothing lol.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-27-2011 - 7:00pm
I think we're going with Cole Brian. DH is Brian, and I just like the name Cole :) Plus we have a long last name and I wanted to have a nice short easy to spell name...

Good luck with your name. Don't worry about what everyone else thinks- if you like/don't like Carlee is up to you. Although I do think naming a baby is a bit like getting married= you end up with cold feet (to some degree) at the last minute! It's totally normal to question if you still like the name... You'll know if you should change it if you like something better and when she arrives, you can just say she didn't look like a Carlee!
~Andrea~ IMG_1563
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-27-2011 - 7:05pm

We had wanted Vanessa for the longest time when I was pregnant with our boys, but now we are having a girl we dont like it as much. We were going to go with Delphine had some personal meaning it just sounds to harsh when said aloud, looks good written down though.

The name we have come up with is Vesta Dawn.

Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-27-2011 - 10:07pm
We chose two since we don't know the gender. Alyse Leilani. Alyse is my MN and we both love Leilani. For a boy Ezeikel Malachi. However the MN may change to Rashod because DH loves that name but I won't name our son that as his first name, just not my favorite. Bit since this may be our last I don't want DH to regret never getting that name.
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-27-2011 - 10:50pm

Well, we were always going to name a girl Brigid but we never had a girl.

River

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-28-2011 - 4:28am
These are all great names. I like a name for about a month, then change my mind. It really has me worried. Still don't have a name. We usually have a few names to pick from at the hospital once born.

luvmy4kids Made with My Cool Signs.Net

&

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 11:16pm

This has been extremely hard! We both were sure we were going to be having a boy and had a lot of good names. However it got to us and we found out at 26 weeks that we are having a girl! What we both really wanted. =)

Anyways! So its been tough. For a bit we had Charlize Nicole picked out, but not definate. It was kind of a settle for it name and we wound up throwing it out. I think we have now settled on Whitney, but not sure of a middle name. Leaning towards Nicole or Grace. Granted we may change it again. I wish it was easier. My friend who is one month ahead of me had a name from the get go for her boy.

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 11:19pm

For a boy Ezeikel Malachi.>>>

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats the name I had picked out if we had a boy!!!!!!! I have to ask how you came up with it????

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 12:19am
We're going with Joseph Andrew for our little boy.

Phew, it feels so good to 'tell' someone that since we're keeping it a secret IRL!

Melissa
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 12:31am
LOL, guess it's not that uncommon. I came up with a list of names I liked and DH said he liked those two together. So that's what we stuck with. But the middle name may change.