Canadian Employment Insurance...

iVillage Member
Canadian Employment Insurance...
Tue, 05-17-2011 - 11:50am
Well ladies I just had to take a moment to share how absolutely happy I am after contacting the employment insurance office... I quite literally started crying on the phone with the lady I was just so happy. You see here to get regular benefits you need to work a min of 700hrs to qualify and that's to get about 5 months paid to be off... I thought it was the same with maternity benefits except you only need 600hrs to qualify BUT after calling today they told me I only need 600hrs to get a FULL YEAR off and paid (60% of my normal pay) I only started working in November and have a little over 900hrs in and my doctor wants to put me on medical leave giving me an extra 3 months off... So I really can't describe how relived I am to know I don't have to suffer through the pain anymore than I can handle and I won't have to risk losing time/having to go back to work early. I just needed to tell someone! Lol
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-17-2011 - 2:36pm

I'm glad that worked out for you.

I'm even more glad I don't (yet) live in a country that has that much power over my life.

baby
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-17-2011 - 9:04pm
Congrats. Glad everything worked out for you