Checking In!

iVillage Member
Checking In!
Tue, 03-27-2012 - 11:41pm

Hey ladies! I'm sorry I've been so absent on the board lately. With the two little ones and my hubby's crazy working hours its been hard to get a spare minute these days. I just wanted to check in and see who was still with us and how everyone is doing! We're all good here. Carlee's growing like a weed. I can't believe she's already 8 months old! She finally got some teeth and she's crawling everywhere and pulling up on things. Which makes me one nervous and crazy momma. I have to watch her like a hawk anymore. She has her doctors appointment next month so I'm not sure her weight and height but she's still tiny. Still wearing 3-6 months clothes lol. But her doctor said thats to be expected since she was a month early plus I don't have big kids. So everythings great, just taking it day by day. How are you all doing? Enjoying those growing babies I'm sure! :smileyhappy:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-29-2012 - 12:34am

We're doing well.

baby
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-30-2012 - 9:51pm

Noctup, I'm right there with you. I don't put the baby in his jumper or exersaucer much because he just fusses, but he gets put in the floor sitting up a LOT. I just don't have time to spend with him like I did my now 2.5yr old. He will be 8 months old tomorrow and he doesn't crawl, doesn't pull up, doesn't even babble much...I really worry a lot and feel very guilty. And we're the same way with the baby food, too! He always gets at least ONE solids meal a day, but I introduced a 2nd meal at 7 months and he only actually gets that 2nd meal about half the time.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-31-2012 - 8:53am
My DD is just now 8 mos old. She's my 3rd and my busiest by FAR!! For those mamas whose babies are crawling, etc., I seriously wouldn't blame yourselves. I truly don't think it's you ... it's the fact that every baby is different. This is my 3rd baby and the first time I have one moving this early. I don't have tons of time to spend with her "working" on these skills. But she's just doing them on her own. None of my other girls did.

My little one is crawling. She can do a traditional crawl but when she wants to be fast she still looks like an inchworm. I'm not sure she'll ever get really good at crawling because she's been pulling up for a few weeks now and is trying to start cruising (just managed a couple steps at a time). So I'm guessing she'll be walking before the end of her 1st year ... and then who needs to master crawling?

She's clapping her hands now and starting to babble a whole lot. She says mama in a way that we believe that she does know what she's saying. She only says it when she's upset and crying and then stops as soon as I pick her up. She said it once while I was playing peek a boo with her (this is the first time I thought she knew what she was saying).

She's also the wiggliest of my 3 babies. She simply won't be still. Which is why I think the physical development is just unique to the baby. She's learning gross motor skills earlier than my others because she's just more active on her own, kwim?

We do some baby food here and there (I make all of it so it's been limited to what organic produce I can find this time of year). Due to a strong history of food allergies, we do limit access to dairy, wheat, corn, soy, etc.

She'd old enough to get a serving of baby food at least every day, but she doesn't always get it. Kind of depends on what we have going on. We did try an organic baby mum mum, which she liked. Then she got a piece off and choked, so I don't think we're ready for finger foods yet. Maybe in another month.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-02-2012 - 1:23pm

hey there.. busy here too..

Gina
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-02-2012 - 5:03pm

It's hard to believe that my little William will be 9 months in 10 days. He was born July 12 and has lagged in his milestones quite a bit so we have early intervention coming in on April 4th. He is, however, pregressing rapidly now. He loves to roll all over the place and push up on his belly which he never did before since his reflux is so bad. He has an appt tomorrow but I think he is close to 16lbs. He is a little shorty at about 26.5 inches. He loves to eat baby food now and is on Alimentum thickened with rice ccereal and fortified with more Alimentum powder (we use the already prepared stuff) which he is tolerating very well and we don't have the constant projectile vomiting and screaming anymore. He only sleeps about two hours and wakes up for more to eat. So we aren't anywhere near STTN. It's amazing to see him change and grow so fast and those memories of being in the NICU seem so far away now. He could now breastfeed due to an allergy to my milk (and I don't eat dairy), all milk based formula and soy. I wish so much he could have breastfed. It has been a very hard and very long road but he is finally starting to act like a normal baby which is a HUGE relief. He still isn't sitting but he sure is trying to crawl. I want to talk about him more but he's screaming for me now so go I must. Hope all you ladies are well!

Heather

Lilypie Maternity tickers

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 9:22am
Just want to point out that clearly your baby was allergic to something in your diet (not dairy if you don't eat dairy). The biggest offenders besides dairy include wheat, corn, eggs, soy and peanuts.

But I think it's worth pointing out for others who might face a similar problem in the future that babies are NOT allergic to their mama's breastmilk. They can be allergic to something in it. A total elimination diet can help to pinpoint what the offending food is. Then once you know what it is, you cut it out of the diet and baby can breastfeed.

Some mamas have to cut out multiple foods and find this diet too restrictive (my SIL has this problem with her oldest daughter who was allergic to milk, soy, wheat, corn and peanuts. So her daughter also ate a a hypoallergenic formula.

However, it's worth pointing out since you are still having severe issues with reflux, that the reflux itself may be associated with food allergy. If you find the offending food / foods you may see an improvement in the reflux (they did for me niece for sure).

Allimentum is a formula that is still make from cow's milk. However, it is hydrolyzed cow's milk protein intended to make it easier to digest for the baby. But if baby does have a dairy allergy, you may still have some problems associated with the allimentum. It may be hard to figure out all the contributing factors until baby is a bit older and can be weaned from formula and put on a more controlled diet of non-allergeic foods.

Good luck! Don't feel bad about not breastfeeding. Sometimes circumstances outside of your control interfere with best intentions.