DYK!!

iVillage Member
DYK!!
Thu, 11-10-2011 - 7:35pm

I thought I'd start a DYK post to hopefully liven up the board a little bit. I don't think we've had on a while but who knows!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
In reply to: mommarae08
Fri, 11-11-2011 - 12:13am
DYK

My little guy is also trying to sit up? He's not pulling himself up all the way yet like your baby girl, but he can make it halfway at least!

I could probably lose more weight if I would give up the coke? I already had to cut out caffeine because it gives the baby gas, and since I hate diet coke I have to drink regular caffeine free. I don't hate water, but sometimes I just HAVE to drink something fizzy.

I'm going to try to get family pictures for the first time EVER for Christmas this year? My DH and I haven't had professional photos (or any, really) taken of us since our wedding! I don't know if he'll be up for it, but I'm gonna try.

Sam is very hard to get to sleep at night, but once he's down he'll sleep up to 10hrs? I have anxiety about whether or not he's eating enough because my ODS didn't gain weight from 4 to 6 months, so I've actually been tracking his feedings to make sure he gets 6-8 nursing sessions!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-11-2011 - 9:03am
I'm terrified that my baby is too good.

She's a great sleeper. We do cosleep and she does occasionally eat during the night, but she's very down to business about her food and goes right back to sleep. I'm barely awake for it.

She's a good eater - except that she's found her thumb and will literally try to suck her thumb instead of nurse. As my other girls also have dealt with low weight in the later part of the first year, it does cause me some anxiety. On one hand, I never felt like my other girls were unhealthy and it was just their normal, but the doctors can make it such an anxious occurrence. I'd just love to avoid it.

But she very rarely cries. She's peaceful. She's patient. And generally seems unbelievably happy. I worry that she's "too good" and that her willingness to play alone on her mat or crib or playgym is some early sign of autism. But she's also highly engaged when you play with her. She makes eye contact (although there are times she looks around you too), she smiles, laughs, shrieks with delight about some things, and she talks to you ... like real little conversations. But she's so undemanding compared to my other two. It's amazing. Others say I should just be thankful (we have an unbelievably busy life with my DH's job, two older kids with multiple activities, and I'm a student ... back to school when new baby was just 3 weeks old). But I'm having a hard time just enjoying her unbelievably peaceful personality.

She rolls over from tummy to back and is working on rolling from back to tummy. She's pushing up on her arms really well and is trying to get her knees under her. I watched her scoot herself backwards quite a distance a couple days ago during her efforts. She can sit in a little tripod sitting position, but she certainly can't get herself in that position.
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-15-2011 - 12:31pm

DYK....

That I need to loose weight but can't stop eating liek crap!

That I need to pump more at work because my supply is slowing.

That i am worried that JP is still not rolling and doesn't care to push up

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-15-2011 - 1:47pm
DYK

My husband lost his license? He lost it last year too and took his birth certificate to get a new one. Apparently he didn't give the birth certificate back to me, because now IT'S lost, too. So I had to print out our tax return from last year and find his vehicle registration...he gets there and the vehicle registration is expired (it was apparently last year's). Now he's mad at me?? Excuse me, I'm not the one who lost his license and it's not my responsibility to replace it!

I started out pumping 3-4oz at work each pump, and now I pump 2-3oz. It bugs me! I only have 10 minutes to pump (15 min break) so I think I *might* be able to get a little more if I had more time. I wish I could get more!

My toddler is driving me crazy! He keeps putting his toes under my leg and wiggling them, then rubs his snotty nose all over my shirt...
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-17-2011 - 1:36pm

jumpingjillybeans dyk you can take fenugreek and blessed thistle to increase your milk?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-20-2011 - 12:01am

DYK my 3 1/2 year old is driving me CRAZY too?! Everybody talks about terrible twos...HA terrible three's is more like it! She throws a fit about EVERYTHING....she's so loud, she wakes the baby constantly. Its slowly making me insane. She doesn't even really cry, she just yells and screams. I know it might be a phase with the new baby and everything but its ridiculous anymore. Its a miracle when I finally get the little one to bed...so if she wakes her...it SUCKS!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers