Feeling guilty about my toddler...

iVillage Member
Feeling guilty about my toddler...
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 9:17am

My poor 2 1/2 year old is bored out of his gourd.

baby
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 10:07am

I feel you about the Mommy Tv guilt.

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 3:11pm
I think you're doing great! It is not easy but we can only do so much. This phase of our lives, only temporary. My toddler spends a lot of time playing with his toys. I guess I'm lucky because if he gets that bad, I have his older brothers/sister play with him. ALL my kids exhaust me at this point

luvmy4kids Made with My Cool Signs.Net

&

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 3:34pm

I definately know this guilt: ( I have been on bedrest for 4 weeks now and have been worried about my kiddos the whole time. The nice thing this time around (I was on bedrest when I was pregnant with DS and DD was 2) is that I have 2 kids that love playing with each other. Yesterday it was 102 here so there was no way I was taking them outside...I would have passed out! Here are some things we do to keep busy:

* Play with pasta!! I take out noodles of some sort and my measuring cups and spoons and let them sit on a sheet and do

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 3:56pm
I feel like I could have written your post word for word. TV was never part of our daily activities with our DS1 until he was almost 15 months old (when my dad died, then he got a concussion, then a stomach virus all within 2wks of each other and all he felt like doing was sitting in Mommy's lap), and since then I have tried to limit it but he has been asking for it a lot. Like you, there's no way I can take him outside to play. That by itself makes me feel guilty on a totally different level unrelated to the pregnancy, because his FAVORITE thing to do is play outside. I wish I could just let him do it for a little while each day, but it's incredibly hot and he gets several mosquito bites each time. I had been having car troubles for a little over a month, so we couldn't even go anywhere and do anything fun. Now that my car is fixed (hallelujah!) I hope to take him to my mom's house more often to go swimming.

Another fun thing you could do is let your DS play in the bathtub...you don't have to actually bathe him, just let him "swim" and play with water toys. Some of my friends from DS1's playgroup have bought a big plastic bin and filled it with rice and sand toys, and this keeps their little ones occupied for a LONG time.
Photobucket