How much weight have you gained so far?

iVillage Member
How much weight have you gained so far?
Fri, 04-08-2011 - 9:02pm

How do you feel about it?

I'm up about 7lbs and I hate it! I know that's not technically a lot, but I'm overweight so if I gain 1lb/wk from here on out that's a total of 25lbs...I'd like to keep it under that if possible. I just have really unhealthy cravings!

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-08-2011 - 9:34pm
I've probably gained 10-12 pounds by the time my next appointment. I always gain about 30-35 pounds by the time my pg is done. I did lose 5 lbs the 1st trimester. I always gain way too much the second half of the pg. It's my fault, I also have unhealthy cravings. I just eat what won't make me sick. It never seems half bad to gain the weight, until it's time to lose it after the baby !

luvmy4kids Made with My Cool Signs.Net

&

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-08-2011 - 10:05pm

As of my last appointment I had gained 10 pounds which is really good for me.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-08-2011 - 10:55pm
Guh. Well only 3 lbs. so far, which I am happy about since I am already overweight but I wish it was because of healthy food. I am eating a salad for dinner tonight cuz that's what I'm craving, but I really need to eat better.
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-09-2011 - 10:05am
Well I'm probably the one who has gained the most weight in the whole group. I think I'm up about 22 lbs (I'm 23 weeks today). I have a history of gaining about 40 lbs / pregnancy. I'd really hoped to gain less this pregnancy because I didn't start this pregnancy even remotely close to underweight. And regardless - on my 5 ft frame, it's a lot of weight.

With my first, I gained 40 lbs ... which my doc told me I would gain at my first appt. I didn't believe him, but I was wrong. I started that pregnancy about 97 lbs and very low body fat. While I was technically not underweight, I was borderline, and I can understand the need to gain weight. And I lost is relatively quickly ... never fully, but I was comfortable with the fact that I didn't eat as well or work out as hard post baby. I think it took me about 8-9 mos.

With #2 pregnancy, I started at 102 ... more normal weight but I was still pretty thin. Gained 45 lbs (the result of not exercising like I did in the first pregnancy). This time losing weight was nightmare!!! It didn't just slowly come off on its own, and I wasn't exercising regularly. I finally stepped it up with exercise and made a dent in the weight, but held onto 5 lbs that I just couldn't lose and really needed to.

#3 pregnancy, I started at about 107 ... a very normal weight for my frame (in fact I'd say I was a bit overweight, given the way my body appeared in the mirror). I essentially need to be betwen 100-105 lbs for my frame. At this point, I'm hoping to limit weight gain to 40 lbs ... and I'm hoping that I'll be motivated post baby to get my rear in gear and begin exercising pretty quickly post baby. I'm 7 years older than when my first baby was born, and I know just because of my age, it's going to be that much harder to lose the weight.

I think i'm now depressed ....
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-09-2011 - 2:04pm
I have gained 15 pounds so far. I'm neither upset or happy about it. While I try to not allow eating to get out of control while I am pregnant, I do allow myself to cave to cravings once in a while, because heck, life is short. With DD I gained 35 pounds. I also lost a lot to start afterward by breastfeeding. The rest I walked off and started the pregnancy weighing less than I did at the start of DD's pregnancy.
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-09-2011 - 8:25pm

in not sure

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-09-2011 - 9:28pm
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-10-2011 - 7:35am

At 20 weeks I'm up 22lbs...which sucks - but it's exactly how I gained last time. But this time I'm actually eating better and running around a lot more..so I had a goal of 40 total - but I'll probably be closer to the 53 I was last time. Gotta love how bodies just do what they want. My ob flat out was like "you're going to gain it all back." great. oh well. i can keep trying to eat healthy and whatnot. oh - i started out 5'3", 125 (which is 5lbs more than i like - but exactly where i started w/ ds after a knee surgery go figure).

BabyFetus Ticker

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-10-2011 - 9:59am

~~Torri, Xander 10/20/05, Sebastian 10/07/09 and Baby Surprise coming August 2011

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-10-2011 - 2:50pm

I'm up at least 20lbs. I haven't checked lately - on purpose :) I'll find out tomorrow at my appointment, though. I'm about the same as last time right now; I gained 50lbs with DS, and I'd love to NOT do that this time, but I am running around a LOT more and not eating as much sugery stuff, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed. Also, I plan to take advantage of the neighbor's pool this summer since DS decides he loves the water :)

Photobucket

Pages