I need a mascara that won't smear after a few hours....help, know of any good brands?

iVillage Member
I need a mascara that won't smear after a few hours....help, know of any good brands?
Tue, 06-28-2011 - 4:33am

Seriously I need new mascara but it seems every one I've tried, smears under my eyes after at least 4-5 hours.

luvmy4kids Made with My Cool Signs.Net

&

iVillage Member

Hi there!

iVillage has a great Makeup Tips board that you may want to visit.

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
I have worn Avon's Wash-off Waterproof mascara since high school. It is truly water proof, too. I was a life guard for years. I have tested it thorough all sorts of crying and bawling. I will not use another mascara. It coats well. Stays on all day. It comes in black, brown/black and brown. It comes off easily with whatever you wash your face with too. (I use Target brand face wipes.) I order it by the handful when it's on sale in the Avon catalog for $2.99! heck, even at the regular $5.99 price, it's a steal.
iVillage Member
I like CoverGirl Lash Blast, but I've never had problems with any mascara smearing under my eyes (except if I go swimming under the water)... Good luck though!
~Andrea~ IMG_1563
iVillage Member
Thanks! I've always wondered if it had something to do with my eyes being somewhat almond shaped.I've used so many brands over the years, and I always have black smearing under my eyes after 4-5 hours. It's so annoying, it makes me not even want to wear mascara.

luvmy4kids Made with My Cool Signs.Net

&

iVillage Member
I use maybeline one by one volume express in waterproof. I have always used maybelines waterproof mascaras and had good luck with them all. The one by one definitely gives you extra volume too!
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
iVillage Member

We recently went camping with no chance of shower saturday and sunday, so I decided to try Maybelline Falsies in waterproof because I cant go that long without makeup. Usually if I forget to take my makeup off when I go to bed it smears BADLY

Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
i use avon's wash-off waterproof too! i love it!!