less movement

iVillage Member
less movement
Mon, 06-27-2011 - 10:18am

I know that my baby/babies are sleeping and growing I just wish they would play more I'm feeling less movement recently and it's scaring me my mom said it's fine but still doesn't help my fear

Katie

My sweet baby boys Josh and Jesse were born into the arms of Jesus on January 11th 2008. They will always be missed and remain living in my heart forever!

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-27-2011 - 12:23pm
I completely know what you mean!! I finally called my midwife last Thursday (I'm over 35 so that makes things more scary for me in general). She had me come in for a non-stress test. I passed. But they did say I had a sleepy baby and needed to eat a bit more (which is funny because i've gained nearly 40 lbs)

At any rate, within a couple hours of the non-stress test baby was super active again and stayed so for a couple days. Then by late Saturday night / yesterday, I have a sleepy baby again.

I did do official kick counts this morning sitting in class - I wrote down the time and made tally marks for each movement until I hit 10 ... this was just following my breakfast ... in the first 1/2 hour of class I had greater than 10 movements. So that was good. But baby did noticeably slow down after that. So in the last 10 minutes of class I did them again and still managed to tally 4-5 movements. So I think baby is ok - just less active than previously (this is the most active baby I've ever had!!!). So it's scary, but I do know baby is still moving.

If you get really concerned and kick counts can't help comfort you call your doc / midwife and get their opinion. It can't hurt.
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-28-2011 - 12:37pm

I hear you!

Photobucket