MOTW - Stormilynn!

iVillage Member
MOTW - Stormilynn!
Mon, 06-20-2011 - 5:08am

What are your biggest fears about labor?

What are you most excited about being a mom?

Any major cravings or nesting going on right now?

Keep the questions coming ladies!

luvmy4kids Made with My Cool Signs.Net

&

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-20-2011 - 11:57am

Yay!

What are your biggest fears about labor? my biggest fear about labor is having to get a c-section. words cannot express how badly i do not want to have to do that. i think i'm just afraid that i won't get the birth experiance i want in general. i've had some doubts since my OB said that the bradley method (which we are using) and what they do "don't always mesh" :-\ i mean, i'm not totally unflexible, i realize problems/situations arise which require you to deviate from your plan, i just don't want to be pressured into thinking an intervention is neccassary when it's really not. i also have the tiniest nagging fear that LO will turn out to be a boy instead of a girl, lol!

What are you most excited about being a mom? i think i'm most excited about just meeting our baby girl. i wonder what she'll look like and what kind of personality she will have. as a first time mom, it's really hard to narrow down just one thing that i'm the most excited about... i'm excited about it all! :-)

Any major cravings or nesting going on right now? no major cravings. i have ones that pop up from time to time, like sweet tea, chocolate, and chicken from this really good local place

Keep the questions coming ladies! Yes! Please do :-)

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-20-2011 - 1:20pm
Do you have everything ready for the baby?

Do you plan on breast or formula feeding?

What going home outfit have you picked out for your daughter?

Do you think DH is ready?
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-21-2011 - 11:05am
Do you have everything ready for the baby? we actually have almost nothing ready for the baby, lol. we are in the process of transitioning between homes... hoping to be in our new one by the first week of July, but because we aren't there yet i can't set anything up! also, my baby shower is this saturday so i've been waiting to do any shopping until after it so i can fill in what we need. i mean, we have a few things from random gifts people have given us as well as the "coming home" outfit i bought her. i've been getting really anxious to set up though... i think it's the nesting setting in!

Do you plan on breast or formula feeding? breast feed. hopefully exclusively (no bottles) for at least 6 months.

What going home outfit have you picked out for your daughter? oh my gosh... i love it! here's a picture.
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-21-2011 - 11:08am
i'm not sure why my answer to the last question didn't show up... weird. anyway, yes, i do think he is ready. he has been awesome with the pregnancy and been reading his "daddy book" (the dad's version of "your pregnacy week by week") and been super excited about our bradley birthing classes. overall, i think he just has a wonderful personality to be a dad :-)
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-21-2011 - 2:05pm
That outfit is really cute!!! I'm excited for my little guy, but totally jealous of girl clothes at the same time :)

Try not to worry about c-sections (I know-easier said than done!) but just go in with the attitude that your body is made for this and will know what to do. If you haven't already, I highly recommend Ina May's Guide to Childbirth- it gives a lot of empowering stories that show how amazing our bodies are. And here are my questions:

what is the most interesting part of Bradley classes?

Are you going to take pictures of everything during birth or just wait until baby is out?

What made you interested in cloth diapering?
~Andrea~ IMG_1563
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-21-2011 - 4:25pm
thanks andrea!

what is the most interesting part of Bradley classes? i really like how involved the coach is (as does my dh). also, just the level and amount
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-22-2011 - 5:09pm
bump!

keep the questions coming ladies... i like answering them because it often makes me think about things i haven't yet, lol!
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-22-2011 - 10:57pm
First I love, love, love the outfit!! Don't stress about the c-section. You have the so much information about birth and labor. Honestly I think you can still have the labor you want even if it ends in a c-section. And I would let your doctor know what you want before hand. Don't let the doc scare you into anything. The Bradley method doesn't mesh, I laugh at that.statement, it will.work. You'll.do.great. and onto questions:

Do you plan on having an unmedicated birth?

Will you have more babies?

Did you have a feeling you were going to have a girl?

Any TV shows or books you are loving right now?

Do you have any animals?
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-23-2011 - 9:07am
thanks bridget! i know, i find the sentiment laughable too... it just worries me that they don't! oh well...

Do you plan on having an unmedicated birth? yes, hopefully totally unmedicated. (although i may do pitocin for delievery of the placenta since it's supposed to decrease the chance of hemoaging)

Will you have more babies? hopefully :-) dh and i have not settled on a number yet, but we know we want more than one. we also would like to adopt at some point.

Did you have a feeling you were going to have a girl? no... in the very very beginning i actually was getting boy vibes (but i think i may have just been trying to prepare myself in case we were having a boy, because i really wanted a girl)

Any TV shows or books you are loving right now? dh and i have gotten into this season of "the next food network star", i've also been watching a lot of (i can't believe i'm going to admit this) "16 & pregnant", lol. although the number of times those girls end up being induced and having a c-section makes me yell at the tv :-P i also just started reading "the girl with the dragon tattoo"... i'm only a few chapters in, but so far so good!
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-23-2011 - 9:28am
LOL. This is so weird. We started watching MasterChef and I'll admit I.recorded.two.episodes.of 16 & pregnant. I find it interesting to.see how the young parents.adapt to their new life with a baby. The girl with a dragon tattoo, great book! Did you see they are going to make a movie out of it? There is a part where it gets dry, but keep reading.

Pages