My boobies...

iVillage Member
My boobies...
Tue, 05-10-2011 - 11:47pm

...they're leaking.

baby
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-11-2011 - 12:33am

Aww...I'm sorry:( I hate leaky boobies more than anything! I remember sitting in the tub after DD was born (I had a 4th degree tear and had to take baths like 2-3 times a day) and feeling something weird and looking down and I was just dripping everywhere. And then one time it happened when DH and I were DTD (I know TMI) and I was mortified and never wanted to have sex with him again...ha ha now I'm pregnant with our 3rd so I obviously got over that in time!

I never have leaked BEFORE the baby was born though, so I definately feel bad that you are going through this:(:( The things we do...intentionally or not:)

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-11-2011 - 5:36am
sorry about your leaky girls :) I have actually never experienced that during any of my pregnancies. I have my other fair share of glamorous symptoms, I guess. have you gotten to the point you've had to wear breast pads yet?

luvmy4kids Made with My Cool Signs.Net

&

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-11-2011 - 9:58am

Yesterday was the first day it was actually kind of bad and coming from both breasts at once.

baby
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-11-2011 - 10:01am
Well I've nursed two kids and had enough milk to feed a small army each time. I've leaked like crazy both times ... but not a "ton" of leaking in pregnancy. I did leak more in the 2nd pregnancy but I think that's in part because I nursed through that pregnancy.

I never worry about going in public while nursing though. Just find some comfortable nursing pads and go ... I NEVER leak through the nursing pads. My favorites are Johnson & Johnson contoured heavy flow nursing pads. I did just see that ameda is now making a heavy flow "invisible" nursing pad. I might try a box. J&J comes in bigger boxes and seems more economical though. I do have to wear nursing pads until sometime after the first birthday though ... I quit leaking between nursing sessions fairly quickly, but everytime I nurse from one side, I leak from the other.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-11-2011 - 12:35pm
Well, these are not good for in public, but they are heaven for nights and around the house: Happy Heiny's Hemp Jersey Nursing Pads. Check them out at my new favorite site (with free shipping) at www.sweetbottomsbaby.com. They are like pillows for the girls and feel so nice after those gross plastic-y disposable pads. Don't get me wrong- the disposables are much more discreet, but they are not comfy :)
~Andrea~ IMG_1563
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-11-2011 - 10:26pm

Mine have never leaked during pregnancy.

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-12-2011 - 8:31am

I cannot relate to much of the leakage but I am not looking forward to the engorgement after. I don't breastfeed

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-13-2011 - 12:14am
Maybe a little colostrum leakage towards the end, but nothing major until after.
Omg i remember one time we had gone out to eat, and they started to leak through my disposables so i had to shove a stack of napkins down my bra.
Oh the joys of motherhood.
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker