Naps

iVillage Member
Naps
Tue, 01-24-2012 - 9:12am
Hey Ladies. I'm just wondering if your LO's are on a nap schedule yet? I'd love to get Haven on one but it still seems like she can't stay awake for more than 2 hours without getting super fussy bc she's tired. And her nap times are so variable (anywhere from 30 mins to 2 hours), she really has no nap schedule. I just have to put her down when she gets tired and then she sleeps however long she sleeps. Are they still too young for more regular naps? (DD will be 5 months on the 31st)
iVillage Member
In reply to: stormilynn
Tue, 01-24-2012 - 4:15pm

ugh I just typed out a detailed message and then my computer went bonkers on me.

luvmy4kids Made with My Cool Signs.Net

&

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 7:31pm
I have to agree with dmj...probably won't happen for a few more months! I remember with my ODS, we sleep trained him at 5.5mos and naps actually got worse before they got better. Everything I have read says to get night time sleep established before working on naps.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 9:36am
I'm not sure what exactly you mean by "established" but she does have a bed time routine and goes to sleep at the same time every night (7 pm). She definitely knows the difference between night and day, but she's not sttn yet. She goes down relatively easily at night. She even goes down relatively easily for naps like 90% of the time... She's just so inconsistent with her nap sleep times. I really feel like she needs at least a good hour and a half bc if she wakes up after only 40 mins or so I can tell she's still tired but she won't/can't get back to sleep. The times she does sleep for 90 mins or more she wakes up happy. I'm really hoping its just something she'll grow into as I'm not really sure what we could do differently to make her nap longer...
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 10:57am
I could have written this post. My baby girl is exactly the same way. I have no idea what to do to make my little one nap better everyday. I'm sure she'll have a nice schedule down.......by the time she is a year old, lol

luvmy4kids Made with My Cool Signs.Net

&

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 11:59am
Hmmm, I guess by established I meant sttn. I didn't make a good word choice! This LO's naps are all over the place. The best I can do is try to put him down ~2hrs after he wakes up, or sooner if he seems tired. Sometimes he does wake up after 30-45min, and about half the time that happens I can just go nurse him and he falls back to sleep. He takes his naps in my bed so I don't have to move him to nurse him...I think if he were napping in the crib, he would wake up if I picked him up. Do you swaddle and use white noise? There is a huge difference in how he naps at home, swaddled with white noise, than when we're somewhere else.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 2:13pm
We don't swaddle because she sucks her thumb to self sooth and fall asleep but we do use white noise (a heartbeat lamb). It's good to know that other are having a similar experience though, sounds like its pretty "normal".