Nesting, Nesting, Nesting!!

iVillage Member
Nesting, Nesting, Nesting!!
Sun, 07-10-2011 - 11:10pm

Since being put on bedrest at 30 weeks, I have come up with many random ways to keep my kids and I busy and sane! I have been able to completely organize every crevice of my home...something I probably wouldn't have done if I was still working at this point. I set the pack & play with bassinet up and completely disinfected it. I did the same with the infant car seat and the glider we have. The boppy pillow cover is clean and all of her clothes and blankies have been washed and put away as well. My breast pump is clean and in the cupboard ready to go with milk storage bags (I don't use this right away, just wanted it all ready). I purchased 2 new nursing bras (after nursing 2 children both to around 14 months, I decided I could spend some money on a couple *cute* nursing bras). I have diapers in various sizes and wipes. And I also purchased one pack of the brand of pacifier that I like so they are here if needed (neither of my kids really like the paci, so we will see if she even needs them). I vaccuumed out my SUV today and it's all ready for the car seat to simply be installed!! I am SO excited that I feel so ready this time around!!

All I have left is:

*Finish the cornice board for the kids room (all 3 of our kiddos will be sharing a room for a little while because our spare bedroom is downstairs and we won't put any of them down there as young as they are)...I will post pics of their room when it's done...I think it's turned out super cute for a girl~boy~girl shared room!

*Pack my hospital bag (probably do that Thursday when I hit 36 weeks)

*Keep up with the house, weekly Dr. appointments and enjoying the summer with my kiddos!!!

What about everyone else? Do you feel like you are "ready"? Are there certain things that you are weird about having to be done before the baby comes? I'm a little crazy but I always see myself going into labor with a spotless house, bags packed, hair & make-up super cute, a freshly cleaned car and kids sleeping soundly for naptime or bedtime. Has it ever happened this way? Not really!! I went into labor in the middle of the night with DD, looked like heck and could only manage to put on some sweat pants and dirty sweatshirt that were laying on the floor!! With DS I was on my way to church, so I at least felt "cute" but I was so crabby and tired that I didn't care about cleaning the house anymore!! Maybe this time will the one!! Haha...what can I say?! It doesn't help that I've had OCD my entire life either: ) : )

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-11-2011 - 10:14am
I hear you! I am 36 weeks this week. I keep organizing and cleaning and re-organizing. I tell DH all sorts of things to remember just in case I forget, or we're in a rush, or there is an emergency. I'm going to pack my bag this week. I don't plan on bringing much but I want to bring certain thins to wear etc. I'm trying not to be neurotic, but I think neurotic is just what I will be until our little man is here.
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-11-2011 - 12:15pm

yeah for you!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-11-2011 - 2:12pm

Oh don't stress out too much! I know...easier said than done though: ) You know what I did that I found to really help relieve the stress? I just tried to do one thing every day. For example...one day all I worried about getting done was cleaning out the infant seat. I took it apart, washed the pad and sanitized the whole thing. The next day I did the same thing with our glider. I took one day to wash her clothes, fold them and put them away. My list seemed almost unbearable and I found myself awake at night worrying about getting things done and what would happen if I went into labor and they weren't. I made a list of everything I "needed" or "wanted" to have finishes and I organized the list in order of importance. That way, if I did have her early (I was on bedrest for preterm labor so it was possible) I would have the major things done. I am happy I did it that way too because it didn't wear me out. I just have a small list of things to pick up from the store next time I'm there but if I didn't have them when I went into labor it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Today on my list of things to do: It's Monday, so I clean my upstairs (Living Room, Kitchen, Dining Room, 2 bedrooms and bath), which I am done with except for the shower which I'll do after the kids nap. I am washing all our bedding (DH and my bed is done...just finishing up the kids now!) Balance checkbook...done! And then I am going to bring up my bag and pack the things that can be packed!!! I am completely insane, but I love Mondays: ) And tomorrow I am having the carpets cleaned in our upstairs...YAY!!

Have a great day Ladies!

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-11-2011 - 3:42pm
LOL, that doesn't sound much like bed rest to me ;)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-11-2011 - 4:06pm
Everything is done my home is in order, bags packed for me and the kids. The baby has everything ready. I even ironed all the clothes the kids will need during my stay away from home. The car is polished and cleaned.

So lol I love how your bed rest is going lmao funny.
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-11-2011 - 6:36pm

Heehee: ) Well I am off bedrest now if that makes it any better: ) I made sure that DH carried anything upstairs that I needed and I was always sitting down while I was doing things if that counts! What can I say...I was a little bit of a bedrest cheater, but 5 weeks is like an eternity when you are pregnant!!!

BabyFetus Ticker