Now I remember why I don't like being pg in the summer

iVillage Member
Now I remember why I don't like being pg in the summer
Wed, 05-18-2011 - 10:08pm

The heat is 10 times worse to deal with than non-pg!

luvmy4kids Made with My Cool Signs.Net

&

Pages

iVillage Member

Ughh I know exactly what you mean! I was due in May with DD and it was perfect, she was born just before it started getting hot and I had a great excuse to stay inside when it was 100+ degrees outside lol. I got to be pregnant for most of the cold months but still enjoyed part of the spring. I HATE HATE HATE hot weather, its just so hard to enjoy yourself when you're sweating and sticky and miserable. I'm dreading this summer, I live in NC and its already hit 80 multiple times and its just going to get hotter as the weeks go on. I've already decided I'm going to sit in the house with the ac cranked and wait it out lol.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Same here. I live in South Mississippi. It's hot and humid. Normally it has already started by now but this month has been nice. I know it will start in the next month and by August it will be so humid when you'll lose your breath as soon as you step outside. It's impossible to walk 2 steps without getting sweaty. Miserable. I've been trying to spend lots of time taking my DS outside while the weather is nice because the poor boy will be cooped up for quite a while this summer.
baby
iVillage Member
I'm glad it's not just me! It's not yet in teh 80s here and there's little humidity, but I feel like I'm having hot flashes left and right!
iVillage Member
I guess I should feel lucky that I don't get the bad humidity like you ladies along with the heat. I think I'll be in the basement this summer keeping cool!

&

iVillage Member
I'm going to be living at my parent's house...pool + free babysitting lol

For me, it's a choice between evils- I can get pregnant during the summer and then have to deal with the worst of the morning sickness in the heat. I can get pregnant in the fall, and then miss my favorite holidays because I'll be stuck in bed with morning sickness. Or, I get pregnant around the holidays and get over the worst of the morning sickness by the Spring and just be miserable for normal pregnant reasons in the summer...I'd so much rather have an April- June baby because I love the summer but...oh well. For me, I've decided there's really no good time to have a baby- so I just have to choose the least awful. lol
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member

I live in SD and summer has definately NOT started yet. In fact, we are in a crzy rain-for-the-next-week and super winds to go with it:) That being said, my DS was born in August too so I am expecting the worst this time as well. DH just finished expanding our back deck and switching it all out to composite for me because I told him I am just sitting on the deck watching the kids all summer long: ) My favorite part, I'd have to say, is the nasty puddle of sweat I get on top of my belly and under my boobies when it starts getting really hot...talk about EWW!!

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member

I had DS at the end of June, and I remember the worst part was the fact that my enormous BBS were sticking to my belly every time I sat down...lol...it was NASTY!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member

Hahaha!! Mine don't even get that huge (never been bigger than a B cup) and I still have to lift them off my belly to wipe the sweat away...how very sexy: ) : )

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member

Mine are D's when I'm NOT pregnant or breastfeeding, and they were nasty when I had my son in November.

baby
iVillage Member
All of you are right, it's the worst! I think I'm going to try to get a sports type bra or something, but it probably won't help

&

Pages