Sleeping on my back

iVillage Member
Sleeping on my back
Fri, 06-03-2011 - 9:05am

I keep waking up on my back.

baby
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-03-2011 - 9:39am
Sleeping on your back is fine if you feel fine while doing it. When you start to feel faint from sleeping on your back, your body will wake you and you can move. I've had the "going to pass out feeling" when sleeping on my back in a previous pregnancy, but I've been ok this one. I actually prefer sleeping on my left side (pregnant or not), but I've found myself on my back a few times.

This is one of those things where all our new knowledge probably stresses us out and makes us worry about things we otherwise don't need to worry about. Women have been having babies for centuries and most of those women were blissfully unaware that sleeping on their backs "might" pose a problem. They simply slept however they were comfortable - if they were uncomfortable and breathless on their backs, they didn't sleep that way. But if they weren't - well then there wasn't a problem and they slept just fine w/o any worry :-)

Wishing many restful nights for you!
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-03-2011 - 11:28am
I like sleeping on my right side (I know they say left is best) For a long time in my 2t I would wake up every morning on my back. I also think your body would roll over if sleeping on your back is bad right now for you. I hope you're able to get a good nights sleep....I know it's not easy to not worry!

luvmy4kids Made with My Cool Signs.Net

&

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-03-2011 - 11:56am
I've been waking up on my back in the middle of the night, and I am normally NOT a back sleeper! If you start feeling bad you'll automatically move before it does any damage to do the baby.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-03-2011 - 1:16pm

Thanks for the responses, everyone.

baby