speaking of sleep, getting any?

iVillage Member
speaking of sleep, getting any?
Tue, 01-24-2012 - 6:53pm

my little girl has turned from the world's best sleeper to the world's worst sleeper.

luvmy4kids Made with My Cool Signs.Net

&

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-27-2012 - 4:43pm
Has she started solids yet? I was delaying solids because my other child has food allergies and I'm trying to give the LO an edge against the odds. The last couple of nights, he started waking up much more frequently to eat, and was fussy during the day and it just seemed like I wasn't doing something right. So even though I was going to wait until 6 months (which is still about 2 weeks away) to start foods, I went ahead and gave him a few bites of mashed up avocado yesterday evening. (Thank you JJB for that tip!) He slept a bit longer last night, so I wonder if that's what he needed-- just a little more sustenance than the formula can provide. Or it could've just been teething, for all I know. He's been working hard on cutting those bottom two teeth. They're still not through the skin and I'm about ready to start crying along with him.
baby
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 11:16am
Look at all these babies teasing us with some decent sleep.....then that all goes out the window. I hope we all get some sleep soon! I personally have gotten lousy sleep with all my kids from about 5 months to just before they turn two. (basically the whole time they are teething, from the first tooth to the last)

luvmy4kids Made with My Cool Signs.Net

&

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 7:29pm
I thought I hit the jackpot when Sam started sttn all on his own, in his own crib, at 12wks, but he stopped 6wks later and it's never gotten better. He is up at least 2x to eat, and I know it's obviously not because he needs to! I'm willing to accept he might need to during a growth spurt, but since this has been going on for 2mos now, I'm pretty sure that's not what's going on...
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 3:25pm

Ughh no! Carlee was doing so well too and the past month or so she's been horrible!!! She would be asleep for the night at 10-10:30 EVERY NIGHT. And get up around 4-5 for a bottle, then 9 or 10. Like clockwork. Now here we are, she won't sleep soundly in her crib or her pack and play. The only way she sleeps for more then an hour or two is if we hold her. Thankfully her naps have gotten better but that doesn't help me because I can't nap with her since DD1 is up. So no, no sleep here and I'm exhausteddddd.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-24-2012 - 10:00pm
Haven is all over the place on this. In the beginning of December she randomly slept for 10-12 hours straight 4 nights in a row (!!!!!!) then she started waking up just once to eat. Toward the end of December (just before she hit 4 months) it all went to hell. She started waking up 3 and 4 times a night, being up for 2 hour stretches in the middle of the night and gwnerally reeking havoc for her parents. It stayed that way for a few weeks (ugh) and now for the past couple weeks we are back 1 or 2 night feedings but she still some nights will wake up an additional time or two and just need soothed back to sleep (not actually hungry). Haven is on the small side weight-wise and so does probably still need at least one night feeding. *sigh* really hoping that this next month will see her moving toward sleeping straight through. Wow- didn't mean to write so much, lol!