Spoiled at 4 months?

iVillage Member
Spoiled at 4 months?
Mon, 12-12-2011 - 6:21am

OK mommies out there....This past weekend marked the first time I noticed my little baby crying when I put her down either in her swing or for a nap, etc. Should I be worried or is this just proof of the "attachment" process? Will this work itself out or do I need to change something? She's usually very happy in her bouncy chair or swing alone, but not this weekend.....

Also, I'm still not putting her down awake, I rock her to sleep every night. Is this terrible? I love the bonding time with her. She will likely be our only child as she was conceived after 8 fertility treatments. I want to enjoy her every minute I can.

Thoughts? Tips? Advice??

thanks...

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-12-2011 - 10:03pm
It could be a phase. A lot of the time when babies are about to reach a new milestone they regress a little. This could mean wakeful nights, trouble getting to sleep, eating a lot, wanting to be held a lot...and 4 months is one of the big times for regression. Just tough it out! You're doing the right thing by listening to your baby. She needs you now!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-14-2011 - 12:06pm
4 months is a big milestone in my opinion , when it comes to being more aware. Which includes realizing they don't want to be put down in the swing or whatever it is and being vocal about it, lol. she's just realizing what she likes and doesn't like. It will might get worse before it gets better (that's just my guess and experience) or she may become less fussy and independent as she gets older. As for the rocking to sleep. I totally understand about wanting to enjoy every moment. This being my 5th baby, I have made sure to cuddle and play with her as much as possible.... seeing my older kids and realizing how quickly they have grown up. When they baby is 10 years old for example, you remember their babyhood, but not a lot of the daily specifics. That is why I video tape my little one now A LOT!!! 10-20 years from now you won't regret lots of videos and pictures. But I DO regret not getting my older ones on video more (lesson learned!) As for rocking her to sleep every night, if you have the time and enjoy it..keep doing it....as she won't be a baby for very long. (kinda hard to rock a 16 year old to sleep) if it ever becomes a problem you can start slowly getting her used to less and less time rocking her to sleep. I still recommend wearing her in a carrier if you don't...I love it :)

luvmy4kids Made with My Cool Signs.Net

&

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-16-2011 - 8:25am

You cannot spoil and infant in my opinion.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-08-2012 - 1:12pm

Great thoughts/advice. She's almost 5 months old now and I'm more confident everyday with her cues, what she needs and doesn't, etc. A mommy always knows!!!