Surprised More Babies Haven't Arrived on this Board?!?

iVillage Member
Surprised More Babies Haven't Arrived on this Board?!?
Thu, 07-07-2011 - 7:24pm

Maybe it was because the boards were so different (and much busier!) back then, but with my expecting board with DD (March 2007) babies were popping out all over the place from about 32 weeks and beyond. There were tons of birth stories early one! Don't get me wrong, it's a GREAT thing that our babies are staying put...it just surprises me the amount of pre-term babies that were on my DD's board and that there has only been 1 birth (correct me if I'm wrong) on our board so far and many of us have hit the 35th week and beyond!!

I wonder if it was because there were so many more woman a part of the expecting clubs back then? Anyway, just my thought for today: )

BabyFetus Ticker

Pages

iVillage Member

I was thinking the same thing.

iVillage Member

I had my first in November of 08 and I've thought the same thing.

baby
iVillage Member

Oooo I agree!! It's nice that when we start having our babies we sort of "know" each other and it is more personal! With DD's expecting club there were SOOO many people that when babies started to be born I only recognized a couple of the mom's who had been "Super Posters" so to speak: ) I feel like it's "friends" having babies this time around and not a whole slew of women!! Just crazy how much the boards have changed in just 4 years or less. Even with DS's board (August 2009) things were so different. But we have a great group and I think being summertime everyone is so busy staying cool!!!

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member

Interesting comments. This is my first, so I am not familiar with how the boards used to be. Today I am at 33 weeks and hoping baby stays in for awhile longer :)

iVillage Member

I was thinking the same thing and I kept looking to see if there were any birth stories yet.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
I'm excited most of us are still baking our babies :) I think towards the end of this month it'll be a different story.

luvmy4kids Made with My Cool Signs.Net

&

iVillage Member
Who knows? I think we've only had one birth here. And I feel like we have more moms here than my last EC and we had more births by now too. We were also due in December so maybe stress put everyone early? I wouldn't know becasue my daughter was late late late.
iVillage Member

I bet babies will start coming in the next couple weeks and then they just won't stop: )

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
I keep looking for posts as well thinking moms just have not had time to post. But I.have a feeling in the next two weeks we will.be seeing more babies.
iVillage Member

yes I agree, I was looking too.

Gina

Pages