Things they DON'T tell you about pregnancy

iVillage Member
Things they DON'T tell you about pregnancy
Fri, 05-06-2011 - 9:13pm

What are some things that people (family/friends/doctors) didn't tell you about pregnancy that you wish they had? You always hear about the medical side of pregnancy, how great it is to be a parent. But very few people mention the "other" things. Here are some of mine....

Things I wish they'd told me...

- Shaving would become almost impossible, and you better be pretty flexible and creative to get it done right. Or get hubby to help!

- You'd lose sleep even before the baby was here

- Maternity clothes are so darn expensive!!!

What are some things you wish others had told you about being pregnant and pregnancy?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-06-2011 - 10:46pm

I feel kind of stupid for even posting this, but I had no idea that after a c-section you still bleed for six weeks afterwards.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-06-2011 - 11:12pm

---when you have a c-section, you have numbness in part of your belly that last for months or even years afterwards.

baby
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-07-2011 - 3:25am
hmm, that even if you don't see stretch marks, doesn't mean they won't be visible after the baby is born.

with my first , I wish someone would have told me it can take an hour or two of pushing to get the baby out!

luvmy4kids Made with My Cool Signs.Net

&

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-08-2011 - 10:19am
Haha, I had to laugh at your stretch mark comment because that happened to me! I had stretch marks before I ever got pregnant from gaining weight in high school and was thrilled not to have any new ones during my pregnancy. Then after my son was born I was able to see that I INDEED had plenty more, they were just on the underside of my belly that I couldn't see while I was pregnant!

I wish someone had told me that later in the pregnancy, your belly might be so huge that wiping (after going to the bathroom) might become difficult!

After the birth, you might have some urinary incontinence...peeing your pants every time you laugh, cough, sneeze...and that BFing doesn't help matters (something about the drop in estrogen, according to my ob).

I didn't know your breasts could leak as early as 22 weeks with your first pregnancy!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-08-2011 - 10:42am

I've got one-- even though it has to do with after the baby's born--

baby