Totally off topic-- toddler growth spurt

iVillage Member
Totally off topic-- toddler growth spurt
Thu, 05-05-2011 - 12:15am

My DS has been super clingy and needy the last few days.

baby
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-05-2011 - 10:25am
Oh yes. My DS who is 19 months goes through the same thing, clingy (especially in the morning when I'm trying to get ready for work) clingy when I get home and try to cook dinner. Sleeping like crazy, eating and eating. My DH will give him a snack when they get home then he will ask me for food when I get home, then dinner, then usually another snack before bed, geez that boy can eat! Runny nose and you could tell he was feeling off. Then a few nights in a row he would take my hand and ask me to follow him to his room and basically ask to be put to bed. LOL. What kid does that? Sure enough his pants were getting real short. The frustrating thing is he is slender bit long so he is barley in 18 month clothes because they are big around his waist bit perfect in length and some shorts/pants don't have the adjustable waist. But yes I know what you went through
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-07-2011 - 7:57pm

MINE!!! He's been so clingy for a while now. At first, I thought it was that he got a shot, then I thought it might be teething, then I thought growth spurt - or all of the above? His appetite has been up and down, so that's why I think it may e teething + growing...I dunno. No fever, just clingy, sometimes a little snotty, and he sometimes will bite my shoulder. He also will wake up in the middle of the night, usually once or twice a night, and he usually goes right back to sleep. His pants are getting shorter, too

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-09-2011 - 8:08pm
I hope thats the case in my house. Ds has been super clingy for the past couple of months and just this weekend he seemed back to 'normal'. I hope its a sign of things to come ..... peace :) and i can feel your pain bridget with the tall & slender thing. Ds has always been like that and i love the summer months when you dont have to worry about sleeves being too short and highwaters.
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker