What carseat will you be buying/using??

iVillage Member
What carseat will you be buying/using??
Mon, 04-04-2011 - 4:51pm

This time I am thinking of getting an infant carseat that holds up to 30-35 lbs instead of 22lbs....my babies grew out of those way too fast!

luvmy4kids Made with My Cool Signs.Net

&

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-04-2011 - 5:30pm
I'm using the Graco safeseat that I bought for DD in 2008. It goes to 30 pounds/30 inches (I think?)... they don't make them anymore, but they seem very similar to the Graco snugride 32. I loved mine and DD used it until about 17 months old and could have used it longer, but I switched her to a Britax Marathon for a cross country drive. I also like how the Graco seat fits into all kinds of different strollers & other things. Makes life easier :)
~Andrea~ IMG_1563
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-04-2011 - 5:47pm
I hated using a baby carrier infant carseat, but will probably use mine again for a little while. I had a Baby Trend that goes up to 22lbs. I switched DD to a Graco MyRide at 5 months and I'm so glad I did. The MyRide is an *awesome* carseat and rear faces up to 40lbs. Highly recommended it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-04-2011 - 6:24pm
I'll be reusing my DS's graco snugride infant seat, and hopefully buying the convertible seats when they go on clearance next winter.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-04-2011 - 7:19pm

I will most likley use Jacks infant carrier which is the Chicco Cortiva Its still in great shape and not expired yet.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-04-2011 - 8:48pm
We've picked a Chicco Keyfit 30. We liked the Graco Snugride as well but I didn't like how the top part of the harness gets unhooked. You have to squeeze tabs on the top and bottom where some of the others you just push a large button on the front. DH found the Graco's particularly difficult to open without a child in them so we just ruled them out.

Melissa
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-04-2011 - 9:57pm
Had a graco snugride for DD#1 which was used again for DD#2 (but is expired now so I have to get a new one). I liked it. I used it a lot ... and both my babies were still under 30 lbs at 3 years old so they didn't outgrow it quickly (obviously got too tall for it sometime after their first birthdays). We then switched to rear-facing Britax Roundabout where they stayed until close to 2. My DD#2 was actually 2 1/2 before we changed her to be forward facing. She'd have been content to stay rear facing longer but we switched her for a cross country drive so that she could watch the occasional movie with her sister when we needed a break from traditional car entertainment :-)

I'm sure we will get another Graco or similar. Recently looked at the Peg Perego, which is always a nice seat and the Britax infant carrier. I do like the infant carrier because I like being able to transport a sleeping baby!
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-04-2011 - 10:33pm
We also still have DS infant carrier carseat, which is Graco. It has not expired so we will be using as long as we can fit both DS and that carseat into the car. That's my only fear it was kind of bigger for my Maxima and now that we have DS in his carseat I hope they can both fit comfortably.
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-05-2011 - 9:57am
I still haven't made a decision yet, but I've been thinking about it a lot. I'm thinking that I will use an extended rear-facing seat that goes up to 65 lbs. I am so tired of infant carriers. I used a Graco Snugride for my DS, and I still have it, but I felt guilty that he was always falling asleep in it and my DH accidentally broke our front glass door when he caught the door with the carseat. I think I'm going to just babywear and leave the carseat in the car.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-05-2011 - 7:44pm

I got the chicco keyfit 30 (goes to 30 lbs)

Photobucket