What does everyone think of their OB

iVillage Member
What does everyone think of their OB
Fri, 04-08-2011 - 10:51am

My OB is great. She doesn't

My sweet baby boys Josh and Jesse were born into the arms of Jesus on January 11th 2008. They will always be missed and remain living in my heart forever!

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-08-2011 - 12:02pm

I don't really have one just yet.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-08-2011 - 12:45pm
I love my practice I just wish I had a definite answer as to which one will be in the room at delivery.
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-08-2011 - 1:02pm
I see MWs and I love them!!! I saw the same ladies for DD as I see now.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-08-2011 - 1:05pm

I really like mine.

baby
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-08-2011 - 5:59pm
I'm in a pretty large practice, I think there are 5-6 OBs and 5-6 MWs. You alternate through everyone as an OB patient and apparently the MWs do most of the deliveries (unless there are any sort of complications). I like the OB/GYN who does my regular GYN visits and the others seems just as nice. I have found there is a hugely noticeable difference between OBs and MWs in terms of how much time they spend with you etc. Everyone has been friendly and supportive but the OBs definitely seem more rushed...

I haven't made it through everyone though so we'll see...here's hoping I don't dislike someone!

Melissa
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-08-2011 - 7:13pm
I didn't have an OBGYN before I got pregnant since my GP does paps and I moved so I can't use the one I used with dd (that I'm indifferent about anyway). Well, I just had a really bad experience with one of the NINE doctors at my new practice (I posted about it on the Sept board under the "It's a...." post) so I'm now hunting for a new one. What a PIA lol but they were never a good start and I was just sticking with them because they kinda have the monopoly. I have an appointment with a new dr about 30+ minutes away. The commute will be a pain but worth it to get out of that practice.
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-09-2011 - 10:19am
I use a midwife. This is a new midwife because mine retired. I don't like her as much as my former midwife, but that might mostly be because I don't know her like I did my other midwife.

She's perfectly nice. And to be honest, this is my 3rd baby. I know what to do. I have unmedicated childbirth, so I don't need / want a lot of medical intervention. She'll be there literally in case she's needed.

My DH actually delivered my DD#2 in the hospital. it was unexpected, but the midwife asked if he wanted to do it ... saying just don't drop the baby (but I was on a bed, so it didn't really matter ( I delivered in a semi squatting position I think).

I anticipate DH will deliver this baby as well, so midwife won't be needed if things go as planned. She'll just be support staff :-)
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-09-2011 - 1:51pm
My practice has 4 OBs and whomever is on call when you go into labor delivers your baby. I've seen all 4 and they're okay all okay. I'm curious to find out who will deliver this baby! The ob who delivered my DS1 was the same ob who delivered ME!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-09-2011 - 2:39pm

At the practice I go to there are 4 OB's and 1 midwife they are all very nice. My main OB who also delivered Jack lives down the street from me so we see him pretty often driving thru the neighbor hood and when he's out walking his dog so we have a pretty good relationship with him. I hopefully will have him deliver this little guy too!

Photobucket

Pages