Where Will Baby Sleep?

iVillage Member
Where Will Baby Sleep?
Wed, 05-11-2011 - 8:34am

Village did an informal survey asking what sleeping arrangement works best for a newborn baby.

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-11-2011 - 9:54am

He can nap in the bassinet during the day but at night he goes to his crib.

baby
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-11-2011 - 10:08am
Baby will start in our room. We'll either cosleep (one of mine did from the beginning and one slept in the bassinet feature of the pack n play in the early weeks) or sleep in the pack n play bassinet.

My oldest began sleeeping in her crib at 6 weeks but ultimately became a cosleeper when teething. I'll try to put baby in the crib for naps but in reality my crib has barely been used by the 2 babies I have. For me, it's more important that baby sleeps than it is where he/she sleeps. My youngest has severe reflux (didn't know it at the time) and she was only comfortable sleeping in my arms (cosleeping) or in her swing. She slept in the swing for many, many naps.
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-11-2011 - 12:36pm

I'm pretty sure Maddy will sleep in her crib because we are pretty sure we are getting a night nurse. If we don't get the night nurse she will sleep in our room for the first 8 weeks.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-11-2011 - 3:14pm
I'm going to try to get him to sleep in the bassinet beside me, but my last DS ended up in bed with me. Never say never! I had not intended on cosleeping, but you do what you need to do to get some sleep, and we all got the most sleep when the baby slept with me.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-11-2011 - 6:53pm
we are getting an arm's reach cosleeper for the first several months and will probably transition baby to her crib in her room somewhere between 4-6 months depending on how her night time feeding habits are going.
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-11-2011 - 8:27pm
Not sure what will work yet :) Options include the crib and FP sleep & play rocker next to my bed upstairs and the pack-n-play bassinet and swing/bouncy seat downstairs. I've heard awesome things about the Fisher Price Sleep & Play Rocker, but have never used it... Here's hoping it is as good as reviews say. DD slept best in my arms or non-moving swing until about 4 months old and then did a combo of her crib & my bed. I'm pretty much open to whatever works, but co-sleeping with a newborn makes me nervous so I'm guessing I won't co-sleep those first few months.
~Andrea~ IMG_1563
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-11-2011 - 8:46pm
We'll start with a pack'nplay next to the bed and use the bassinet but ultimately I plan to use the crib. I'd like to avoid cosleeping, if possible.

Melissa