3 weeks old and sick!

iVillage Member
3 weeks old and sick!
Thu, 08-18-2011 - 11:04am

My 3 week old daughter was vomiting yesterday (more frequently and more volume than her normal spit up).

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-18-2011 - 3:57pm
P&PT that it is nothing serious! Sick babies are no fun & really stressful... KUP!
~Andrea~ IMG_1563
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-18-2011 - 9:34pm

Wow...I can't believe they wouldn't do an ultrasound.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-19-2011 - 12:53am
I think part of the reason she didn't jump to do the ultrasound is that the vomiting wasn't projectile (although it apparently doesn't have to be ... but frequently is). At any rate, she vomited only 1X today (although did spit up a handful of other times). But the one time she did spit up a huge amount it was pretty forceful (not projectile but coming out her nose).

Doc yesterday felt that since it wasn't happening consistently right after feeding pyloric stenosis was lower on the list of possibilities.

I'm honestly beginning to think reflux again. My 2nd baby had silent reflux and wasn't diagnosed until she was nearly 4 years old (and it became less silent). But she didn't sleep through the night (and had to eat in the night) until she was nearly 3. She had to see an occupational therapist for a complete aversion to solid food (actually gagged / vomited anything - even purees - until she was 15 mos old).

It was a long road, and I really hope we're not headed down the same path.