Adjusting to not being pregnant....hard

iVillage Member
Adjusting to not being pregnant....hard
Wed, 08-31-2011 - 9:30am
Anyone else find it hard to adjust from being pregnant one minute to not the next? I love my pregnant belly and as much as I was uncomfortable and wanting to meet my baby I did not want to push her out and deal with the healing....yet now that it is over and I am healing and have a healthy baby.....it's like I want to relive the birth which I did natural and really do not want to go through that pain again! Yet why do I always find it so sad to just suddenly not be pregnant? I don't get it - one would think I would be happy to be on the other side of it! Sorry for rambling - just wants to know if anyone out there is finding it hard to no longer be pregnant?

My husband told me "you don't get pregnant to stay pregnant" you get pregnant to have the end result of a healthy baby! So why am I sad to have reached a happy end result of a healthy baby? I treasure my pregnancy too knowing it might be my last (4th baby) and life was working when I was pregnant (well kind of I could have used some help as it got hard at the end to take care of everyone)!

Thanks for reading everyone - hoping someone else feels the same !
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-31-2011 - 2:24pm
I had a tubal during my c-section so I'm definitely not going to be having any more babies unless something goes terribly wrong. I have moments where I feel a little sad about that and wonder if I would've liked to have another baby, but I think I will get over it in 6 months or a year or so. I have an older son who is almost 3 and before I got pregnant with this one I was really happy with being the mom of a 2 year old. I was enjoying the freedom of being able to do things with him, take him places, sleep through the night, etc. I think once the baby starts getting a little more independent I won't think about having another one. Plus I'm almost 33 and my husband is almost 39. We may have had 3-4 kids if we'd started younger in life, but we didn't. I don't want to have young kids when I'm in my 40's.

As far as missing being pregnant, not really. I was in a lot of pain towards the end. There is something sweet about feeling them kick inside you, and I miss that and the hiccups, but I'm not preoccupied with it.
baby
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-01-2011 - 5:19am
I feel the same way as you. as miserable as I am during pregnancy I STILL miss it. It is getting a little easier to not miss it as much now that I'm healing and feeling better. I just always feel like I go from the oohh'd and aaahh'd over "cute" pg woman, to the flabby bleeding yucky postpartum woman.... not so easy to adjust :) I also know this could very well be my last, so that doesn't make it any easier!

luvmy4kids Made with My Cool Signs.Net

&

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-12-2011 - 10:05pm

So funny !

Photobucket