Breastfeeing - have you had to cut anything out of your diet?

iVillage Member
Breastfeeing - have you had to cut anything out of your diet?
Tue, 09-20-2011 - 10:52am
My baby is so fussy after she eats and I wonder if something I am eating is bothering her - has anyOne cut items from your diet like dairy etc. And has it helped?

Pages

iVillage Member
Mine gets gas sometimes and I don't know why. I did notice that when I ate something with garlic in it, he was fussy, so now I don't eat garlic or onions. I wish I knew what is causing him to have so much gas.
baby
iVillage Member
I have had to cut out all caffine, reduce amount of dairy, and tomatoes.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Yes, caffeine. I used to drink a LOT of it, but now I have to limit it to 1 drink per day and I make sure not to drink it too late, otherwise we're up all night because he's so gassy. It's really pitiful :-(
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Yeah I was wondering if it was my morning coffee....my one pleasure is going to be hard to give up...thanks ladies!
iVillage Member
With DD I had to cut out all dairy, eggs and wheat because she was allergic. She has reflux, horrible indigestion pain and was covered from head to foe in itchy eczema. If anyone has elimination diet questions or allergy questions, I'm your gal!
iVillage Member
mine isn't too fond of spaghetti sauce, other than that...nothing. she is especially fussy and gassy when she doesn't eat long enough on one side at a time and gets too much foremilk.

luvmy4kids Made with My Cool Signs.Net

&

iVillage Member

I have to eliminate ALL dairy and most soy.

iVillage Member
Im thinking i may have to cut out dairy. She seems to be fussy for a period in the evenings though no matter what i eat. But i have noticed lovely green poo when i enjoy cookies with a glass of milk :)
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
iVillage Member
sounds like classic dairy reaction!! Rice milk (vanilla) is pretty good...
iVillage Member
I've founf the rice milk at Trader Joe's is cheapest. $2.99 for a half gallon. organic, and it comes in plain and vanilla.

Pages