BTDT: hand-foot-mouth disease

iVillage Member
BTDT: hand-foot-mouth disease
Mon, 08-29-2011 - 2:00am

Have any of you BTDTs had an older child get hfmd while you had an infant? I'm finding it EXTREMELY hard to make sure none of ODS's body fluids touch the baby. ODS wants to rub his snotty face all over my chest, which of course is where I hold the baby all day! I just feel so nasty and dirty after touching ODS (it's all in my head), but he really needs extra cuddles now more than ever :-( What can I do??? DH is great taking care of him while I barricade myself and LO in the bedroom, but he'll be at school tomorrow and I'll have both kids alone :-(

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-29-2011 - 4:56am
oh no you're not alone. When my kids are sick and all over me, I feel very....germy and yuck! It's even worse having a newborn to take care and cuddle with at the same time. I'm probably bad, but I use a lot of fun movies, and other distractions for my sick little ones. Take care of them and comfort them, but not have them laying all over me as little as possible. I'll read to them, talk with them, so not feeling alone, give fav. blankets, etc. Not worth it to me to make the chances of newborn getting sick even higher. I'm like you, dh takes care of the sick ones, but it's difficult when he is away at work. I hope your little one gets better very soon! :)

luvmy4kids Made with My Cool Signs.Net

&

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-01-2011 - 9:44am
IDK but (((HUGS!))) and hope all is ok!
~Andrea~ IMG_1563