Did you wait 6 weeks to DTD?

iVillage Member
Did you wait 6 weeks to DTD?
Wed, 09-28-2011 - 7:45am
Just wondering if everyone waited till after their 6 week checkup to DTD again? I am 4 weeks PP and we have a little unexpected time to ourselves yesterday so I did not wait:) glad to say it did not hurt and I had a 2nd degree tear with stitches which I think are gone now.

Did everyone else listen to the doctor and wait the full 6 weeks?
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-28-2011 - 4:00pm
Last time, we had sex the day before we were technically at the 6 week mark. This time it has been 6 weeks and 3 days and we still haven't. I have still been bleeding off and on, so that's part of the reason. Another thing is I have a c-section and one side of my incision didn't close up because a stitch didn't dissolve or something. I had to have it snipped out of there a few days ago and it's tender. I don't really want any pressure in that area yet. We'll get around to it in the next week or two, I guess.
baby
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-28-2011 - 11:09pm
Yes, both times. The first time we didn't dtd until 12wks pp and this time I'm 2 months out and still haven't dtd! It's even our anniversary today, but I'm getting my Mirena placed tomorrow and sex didn't seem like a very good idea the night before ;-)
Photobucket