How are you feeling emotionally?

iVillage Member
How are you feeling emotionally?
Thu, 08-18-2011 - 4:12am

I was irritated during pregnancy, and I'm still irritated! Haven't been able to put up with much , esp. with dh....I swear he can do no right in my eyes, even though he's helping out.

luvmy4kids Made with My Cool Signs.Net

&

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-18-2011 - 10:00am
Well I haven't given birth yet, I'm 39w, 1d and I'm ready to be done! I had lower back pain almost all day yesterday and what I thought were contractions most of the day (even got much stronger when we walked the dogs) but they went away when I went to bed so I guess they were Braxton Hicks.

Just found out some of the woman at work want to throw me a shower next Wed which is really sweet, it's my due date and frankly I'm really, really hoping I don't make it that long (but of course I'm not telling them that!)

Melissa
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-18-2011 - 10:37am
As my midwife has told me, I'm not really the type to tend toward depression (and I don't really think I am either).

Right out of the hospital (we left before 24 hours because it was my granddad's 80th birthday dinner - which I had planned! - for which he'd driven 2 1/2 hours to come see me since I was pregnant and couldn't go see him. It worked out well that baby was born the day before his birthday because he got to see her and the rest of my family was in town for the birthday dinner too. Anyway, we left the hospital and went to the party.

The next day was my oldest daughter's 7th birthday party and her actual birthday, for which we took her to dinner with all of our family - was on Sunday. So by the time Monday rolled around I was all weepy that 3 days of my baby's life had passed, and I'd been so busy that I felt like I missed it all!

Also, this is the first of my babies where I'm not fully a SAHM (I did freelance work with the first two but even that I put on hold for a couple months). But I have classes that start next week, so that made me weepy too. I was only enrolled in two classes and started wanting to drop one of them. As it turns out they cancelled one of my classes (just when I was starting to feel ok with trying to do both classes). But I figure it's for the best.

So I have been weepy and just trying to get my life in order so I can enjoy it if that makes sense. This is the down side of not having everything at the house done before the baby was born ... it's got to be done afterwards, and I don't want to do it now!!

But my school and my two oldest kids' schools start next week too. Extracurricular activities start the week after that. I MUST GET EVERYTHING DONE THIS WEEK - which is stressing me out - so that I can go back to real life and still try to enjoy my new baby and family next week.

So unexpectedly weepy at times - also been weepy about my body. I hate having no clothes to wear, and for me I hate how slowly all this baby fat comes off my body!! And a bit stressed.

But I think we'll make it through. I always say somehow we just seem to get through it and do what we have to do. But I also need to remember that just because that's how I manage it doesn't mean my kids handle it that well. My oldest DD in particular is in need of some big time TLC. She has a sleepover tonight, so I'm hoping I can get a lot of work done in her absence.

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-18-2011 - 1:29pm

This is my 3rd pregnancy and I've had a hard time after each of my children have been born. I love being pregnant and I think that part is the hardest for me. I get so excited to meet my little one and then after they are born I miss being pregnant so much. It usually takes me a couple of weeks to get that out of my system. I don't think that I have postpartum depression, but I definately notice a little sadness. My kids are doing extremely well with the new baby and I think that helps: )

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-18-2011 - 4:00pm
I was so sick when I was pregnant I feel really great for the most part. Every once in a while I snap at DH when I'm especially tired & overwhelmed, but not as bad as when I was still pregnant... I don't feel sad at all though, just tired.

I think sadness (i.e. "baby blues") are totally normal for the first couple weeks, but then after that it should go away or it could be more serious. Hope your hormones get back to normal and you don't have to feel this way anymore :) KUP and vent away here if you need to. We're here for you!

~Andrea~ IMG_1563
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-18-2011 - 4:09pm
I'm just an irritable person, no matter what ;-) I feel fine, though. No baby blues. Things just get on my nerves more than they should, but that's how I always have been.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-20-2011 - 12:23am
Tonight is the first time I feel like crying. My nipples are sore, my feet are swollen, my belly is sore from the surgery, I have a crick in my neck from looking down while bf-ing LO, my toddler is back from his aunt's house...DH was super helpful until DS got here. DS's behavior was kind of bad today, but that's to be expected. Even if he wasn't adjusting to a sibling, he always comes home from overnight visits acting cranky. It's like DH couldn't even handle a few short hours of DS without turning into a 2 year old himself. DS wasn't perfectly loving to him, so DH's feelings are hurt and he's sulking. Instead of doing the things he's here to do-- like clean up the kitchen and fold the laundry so I could actually SLEEP during the short time LO is asleep-- he left it to me and watched football. I'm pretty irritated right now but trying to remind myself that he's been on his A-game the last few days and may have just needed a break. I could do without the sulking, though. I just want to have a good cry.
baby
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-23-2011 - 6:16pm

I have just been feeling tired not wanting to cry but just really tired. Dh helps so much but even during the time that he's feeding baby Marcus I'm up because I want to make sure everything is being done correctly. So when I could be sleeping I am up so I only have