I'm so nervous! Making myself crazy.

iVillage Member
I'm so nervous! Making myself crazy.
Thu, 08-11-2011 - 12:06pm

My c-section is sched. for Monday morning.

baby
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-11-2011 - 12:11pm
IDK how c-section pain feels, but I was nervous & anxious to be induced. It seems like when you have an actual date it is easy to freak out because it is that much more real :) Try to stay busy the next few days... I read the whole True Blood vampire series the 2 weeks before I was induced & did a lot of shopping to keep my mind off things and relax. Hang in there!
~Andrea~ IMG_1563
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-11-2011 - 2:02pm
I was nervous and sick to my stomach at times thinking about it as my due date approached....and I wasn't even having a c-section. When we pre-registered at the hospital, I got so sick and nervous knowing what I'd be going through very soon there. Everytime I'd get that way , I'd have to completely push the thought out of my mind. Pretending labor and delivery was never going to happen helped my anxiety :) Good luck, soon it will all be a distant memory ...

luvmy4kids Made with My Cool Signs.Net

&

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-11-2011 - 4:53pm
I'm feeling the same dread here, too. They have mine scheduled for a week from today (41weeks) I told her I wanted to wait until 42 and the MW said the hospital doesn't like to wait that long. She also told me they couldn't force me to show up for the section either. But I'm stressing it. I don't want to do it. I think it was better the first time when I didn't think I was going to have a c-section. Take deep breaths. Go for a long walk. Maybe you'll baby will just come out.
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-11-2011 - 9:58pm

I feel the same way.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-12-2011 - 11:28pm

I totally understand how you are feeling not sure if you remember me posting how scared I was just about the regular vaginal delivery. I was even more scared the day of and even more so when I found out I was going to have an emergency c-section I was hysterical. I never had one with any of my other children and didn't know what to expect. I was truly scared of the unknown and to be honest with you I would still be scared even if I would have one before. I'm a huge chicken lol. My labor was horrible this time around and after my ob, nurses and my husband calmed me down before the surgery I was a little better about going in. I went in with tears but didn't feel a thing. I only felt some pressure when the were taking him out. It felt as though someone was sitting on my chest. All in all the actual section was not bad at all. What I hate is the recovery that hurt me and continues to hurt me. Have you had past csections that didn't go well? Hang in there it's almost time and don't worry you are human and your feelings are normal.