migraine's at full term?

iVillage Member
migraine's at full term?
Sun, 08-07-2011 - 3:11pm

i suffer migraine's when i'm not pregnant. have for 10 years. and i had a ton of them early on (around 10 - 14 weeks). but haven't had any since. well since friday i've had at least 1 a day (length anywhere from 4 - 10 hours depending if i can get a nap). my bp was perfectly awesome on thur at my appt (110/80) but my swelling in my hands/face has shot up since the onset of my migraines.

has anyone experienced this?!??? if i get another one tomorrow i'm going to call - but this is putting a serious damper on my weekend. i'm getting NOTHING done chore-wise and poor DS is annoyed with me.

BabyFetus Ticker

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-08-2011 - 9:22am
I don't get migraines but I saw that nobody had responded to this, so thought I'd tell you that even though I haven't had migraines I've had worse headaches the last two weeks. Maybe if you're prone to migraines you'd have more of them for whatever reason I've had regular headaches? I don't really know what causes them. I hope they get better. I know how you feel about getting nothing done and having DS annoyed with you. I've been able to get basic house work done and most days that's about it. My poor DS is restless and bored and there's not much I can do.
baby
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-08-2011 - 3:29pm
Hoping you're getting a check up. The headaches can be normal. But with the increased swelling in your face, I think you need your blood pressure checked ASAP. You can get it checked quickly at your local pharmacy or fire department if your doc's office isn't convenient.

Obviously headache is one of the big warning signs for pre-e.
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-08-2011 - 4:11pm
Thanks ladies. I checked it yesterday and it was a bit high for me, but still normal (120/87 and im normally 110/70). It was this time last pregnancy when my bp started to sky rocket but never had pre-e.

Nurse I spoke with today didn't seem to think my headaches were a problem and told me (basically) to just deal with it. It's gonna be a long 2 weeks if I get a migraine every day. Appt on thur so we'll see what they say then.

Thanks again!
 BabyFetus Ticker