Requesting prayers...

iVillage Member
Requesting prayers...
Mon, 08-15-2011 - 11:39am

from those inclined to prayer, my dh and i could really use some right now.

we are dealing with some major health insurance issues. the biggest being that, as of today, we do not have health insurance coverage. you can imagine how scary this is when i am sitting at 39+ weeks pregnant and could go into labor at any minute. the thought of having to pay for a hospital delivery with out any insurance makes me want to curl up in a ball and cry. we are also dealing with the fact that the insurance we did have doesn't want to pay for a single "extra" sonogram (despite the fact that my doctor insists that they are absolutely medically necessary). I foresee a long battle over this and am just praying that we have the strength to get through it, especially while adjusting to life as brand new parents.

we have other insurance coverage in the works, but it is likely that we won't know anything for sure before the end of the week. so now, rather than excitedly awaiting the arrival of our little one, i'm praying i don't go into labor before we have this figured out. i'm just feeling

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-19-2011 - 8:34pm
Woohoo, that's awesome news!

Melissa
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-19-2011 - 4:04pm
Great news, glad to hear it worked out.
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-19-2011 - 8:59am

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers! I just found out that our new health insurance was approved, so we will be covered when this baby is born :-) I'm SO relieved!

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-16-2011 - 12:05am
Defiantly thinking and praying for you. Keep cooking baby
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-15-2011 - 8:30pm
While you're working on other health insurance coverage, I would very quickly look up the coverage in your state for pregnant mothers and children who do not have coverage. Sometimes there are income limits but as you two were students, you'll probably qualify. You may not need it if something else comes through but it might be a nice back-up. You may also want to see if you can extend your previous coverage via COBRA. COBRA can be expensive, but much, much less expensive than paying out of pocket.

Good luck that it all works out!

Melissa
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-15-2011 - 5:12pm

So sorry to hear you're dealing with all of this!!! Try to relax and focus on keeping calm....Easier said than done. My DH just lost his job a few weeks ago. Our insurance ended 7/31 and our new hasn't started up yet....we WILL, (so they say) be reimbursed but everything has to be paid out of pocket right now.....talk about stressful! I understand!!!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

BabyFruit Ticker

Holiday siggy

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Photobucket     &nb
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-15-2011 - 4:27pm

You guys are in my prayers...I hope everything works out for both of you.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-15-2011 - 3:53pm
How stressful when you need it the least. Prayers!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-15-2011 - 2:34pm
Praying for you :) Everything will work out- I just hope you don't have to worry too much while it does!
~Andrea~ IMG_1563