What's in your hospital bag?

iVillage Member
What's in your hospital bag?
Fri, 07-29-2011 - 10:39am

So this is for the ladies who will be birthing in the hospital, what kind of things are you packing in your bag? I cant' even remember what was in there last time. I do remember wearing my maternity lounge clothes during the day (but not pajamas).

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-29-2011 - 11:23am
I'm bringing

2 pairs of comfy pants (1 black pair to wear when I have visitors, black just in case I bleed on them, and 1 gray pair)

2 tank tops--not nursing tanks this time because I want to be able to be skin-to-skin with baby

1 nursing bra

2 pairs underwear

1 tshirt--just in case I'm not comfy in just the tank

lightweight robe

1 change of clothes for DH

Toiletries for both of us

Baby's coming home outfit, plus 2 onesies in case I feel like putting him in those when we have guests

Boppy

Lanolin

Extra pillow
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-29-2011 - 1:23pm
I'm glad you mentioned the lansinoh cream-- is that the one in the purple box/tube? That stuff was a life saver. And the Boppy-- I didn't think about taking it to the hospital but that could be helpful.

My list is almost identical to yours, plus--
several pairs of granny panties
change of clothes for DH
a pack of toothbrushes and a tube of toothpaste for us and travel size shampoo for me
CHAPSTICK and lotion!!!
phone charger, iHome speakers for music (very small speaker that hooks up to my phone or iPod)
gum.
two onesies/outfits for LO

We live 9 miles from the hospital, so someone will be able to make a run home for me if needed. I keep thinking I'd like to have my laptop there but last time I was so very out of it that I didn't have the chance to get bored. I will make DH bring it to me if I decide I want it.
baby
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-29-2011 - 1:29pm

I am packing very differently then I did for DS#1. For some reason I did not plan for what I would wear home, and had to wear when went in.

2 new comfy lounge pants and t shirts for during the day and visitors

1 pair for comfy "workout" pants and t-shirt for going home

several sports bra for laboring in a tub (just in case) as well as after, as I am not breast feeding

PJ's, underwear and change of shirt for DH

toiletries for both

2 bath towels (hospital ones are really, really small and scratchy!)

For baby, couple of different outfits becuase of how unpredicable the weather can be in upstate NY at the end of August. They are also 2 different sizes, since I have had 3 trips to L&D already, with still 4 weeks to go. (DS#1 never fit in 0-3/NB sizes - this one is tracking the same as far as size if he makes to the end, but I wanted to be prepared if he is early and smaller)